Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HR20 Remote Won't Program for Yamaha RCVR

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
25 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   nuclawyer

nuclawyer

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 11:34 AM

The suggested codes in the HR20 manual for my Yamaha RX800 rcvr do not work (can not get the HR20 remote to control the Yamaha volume). Any suggestions (i.e., alternate codes)?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   DufferEA

DufferEA

AllStar

• Registered
  • 55 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 12:01 PM

I have the RX-V2200, and couldn't get it to work. I went with a Harmony remote works great

#3 OFFLINE   g4jedi

g4jedi

Godfather

• Registered
  • 267 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 12:32 PM

I too, use a Harmony remote. It works perfectly with our setup. I highly recommend the Harmony remote. I LOVE the "activities" feature. I push one button that I labeled "Watch DirecTV" and it does everything. I push one button that I labeled "Watch a DVD" and it does everything. Push one button to turn off the entire system. What's not to love about it!
May the Force be with your HR20!

#4 OFFLINE   lenwink

lenwink

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 12:32 PM

The suggested codes in the HR20 manual for my Yamaha RX800 rcvr do not work (can not get the HR20 remote to control the Yamaha volume). Any suggestions (i.e., alternate codes)?

Can only get the volume to work on my RX-Z1

#5 OFFLINE   EZ Ed

EZ Ed

• Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 12:53 PM

What did you try?
Possible codes: 0176 1176 0186 1286 0354

#6 OFFLINE   Edmund

Edmund

Remote Master

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,755 posts
  • LocationSouthern Ca

Posted 16 October 2006 - 01:23 PM

First it doesn't matter what brand of AUD receiver you have, the vol never works initially until you do the following: In the case of the yamaha use code 30176. There needs to be a TV code programmed to the TV device, yours or any brand. Then do the following:

1. av1 or av2
2. press and hold MUTE & SELECT for two blinks
3. enter 9-9-3
4. press VOL UP
aka Tivoburkee

#7 OFFLINE   johnchart

johnchart

Legend

• Registered
  • 123 posts

Posted 22 October 2006 - 09:58 AM

Edmund

I was also having problems getting the volumn from my Yamaha receiver set up.
I tried your "4 step" advice & got it to work the first time.

Minor complaint tho: Is there a way to control the volume when in the DirecTV mode? Kind of a pain switching back & forth from DirecTV to AV1.

John

#8 OFFLINE   Edmund

Edmund

Remote Master

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,755 posts
  • LocationSouthern Ca

Posted 22 October 2006 - 02:54 PM

Edmund

I was also having problems getting the volumn from my Yamaha receiver set up.
I tried your "4 step" advice & got it to work the first time.

Minor complaint tho: Is there a way to control the volume when in the DirecTV mode? Kind of a pain switching back & forth from DirecTV to AV1.

John

Yes:

1. AV1
3. enter 9-9-3
4. press SELECT

To restore the tv vol to the tv device only:

1. TV
3. enter 9-9-3
4. press VOL DOWN
aka Tivoburkee

#9 OFFLINE   LameLefty

LameLefty

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,046 posts

Posted 22 October 2006 - 04:20 PM

Yes:

1. AV1
3. enter 9-9-3
4. press SELECT

To retore the tv vol to the tv device only:

1. TV
3. enter 9-9-3
4. press VOL DOWN

AHA! My HERO!!! I thank you, my wife thanks you, my HTR-5960 thanks you! :D

"Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!"
Directv since 1997
Will Work for Beer

#10 OFFLINE   RCKYMTN

RCKYMTN

AllStar

• Registered
  • 61 posts

Posted 22 October 2006 - 04:59 PM

I can't even get the remote to turn off and on my yamaha receiver. I understand that needs to be achieved first, before trying Edmund's 4 step process to control the volume?

What code did you use to get the directv remote to turn off/on the yamaha receiver? The receiver is turned off by a "standby" button it the normal remote, and power button to turn it back on. Does this affect why the DTV remote won't turn it off and on?

thanks.., is the programming the same the an H20 remote vs. the HR20 remote?

#11 OFFLINE   evw81

evw81

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 October 2006 - 10:07 PM

This step worked well to get my Yamaha receiver to turn the volume up and down, but I still cannot turn the audio receiver on or off with the DTV remote. I used the code above (30176).

Also, is there a way (like the Tivo remote) to be able to press the power button and have it turn on (or off) the TV and Audio receiver, have the volume buttons control the audio receiver, and the input button control the TV input? This was very nice on the Tivo remote and saved having to buy an expensive harmony.

Thanks -

#12 OFFLINE   Edmund

Edmund

Remote Master

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,755 posts
  • LocationSouthern Ca

Posted 22 October 2006 - 10:23 PM

No, you can't power off the receiver along with tv & dtv receiver. And no the white remote will never power it both on & off. Not with yamaha use of a two button power scheme. And no power toggle available for single power key remotes.
aka Tivoburkee

#13 OFFLINE   matto

matto

Banned User

• Banned User
  • 686 posts

Posted 22 October 2006 - 11:55 PM

just fyi, i dont think ive turned off my sony tae9k or my adcom power amp for the last 4 years. the world hasn't ended yet.

#14 OFFLINE   hfhlt004

hfhlt004

AllStar

• Registered
  • 88 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 05:50 PM

I do not have a receiver, but use the Yamaha Sound Projector (YSP1) for all sound for my AV system. Everything but the HDMI goes to the YSP1. I have the HDMI into my Sony KDF42WE655 and optical audio into my Yamaha. Besides the HR20, I have the optical out from my Sony DVD player to the optical in of the Yamaha., and DVD component video into my Sony TV.

In regards to the first sentence, I am trying to get the HR20 remote to control my Yamaha volume. The suggestions mentioned above do not work for me, unless I am missing something. I have never been able to control my Yamaha volume with anything other than the included remote, even when I tried a Harmony (which I returned).

Does anyone have a suggestion? I don't mind switching remotes for my DVD, but the volume control on the HR20 would really be useful, even if I can't get other functions to work.

By the way, I am using the new backlit remote RC32RF and like it though I was surprised that the HR20 does not have RF function. But is there any way to have the backlit timed on longer. It cuts off too fast for me.

#15 OFFLINE   spidey

spidey

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 06:46 PM

try AV2 30176. The site is http://www.ezremote....ctSelection.php you put in your DTV remote and tells you code and key. I have a RX530 and the code it told me worked perfectly.

#16 OFFLINE   RCKYMTN

RCKYMTN

AllStar

• Registered
  • 61 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 08:29 PM

First it doesn't matter what brand of AUD receiver you have, the vol never works initially until you do the following: In the case of the yamaha use code 30176. There needs to be a TV code programmed to the TV device, yours or any brand. Then do the following:

1. av1 or av2
3. enter 9-9-3
4. press VOL UP

Edmund, thanks for the process., it worked great for my Yamaha too. I did everything except I hit select instead of vol up, and it controls the receiver in DTV mode, and AV1. I can live with not powering on/off the receiver itself.

#17 OFFLINE   Truffles100

Truffles100

AllStar

• Registered
  • 50 posts

Posted 27 January 2007 - 12:31 AM

Has anyone been able to get the remote to work with the Yamaha RX-V1? I've tried all suggested remote codes.. both per the HR20 set up and from the ezremote website.

I just want to be able to adjust the volume.

I have the RC34.

#18 OFFLINE   joed32

joed32

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,630 posts

Posted 27 January 2007 - 12:54 PM

Thank you Spidey, nice find!

#19 OFFLINE   teletubby

teletubby

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 09:49 PM

truffles-

i think you will find that the "30176" referenced above WILL work, although not necessarily on the first try. it took me a couple before i got the remote to take, for my yamaha rxv-3000. if yo do what RKCYMTN did by pressing "select" instead of "volume up", you WILL NOT have to use the slide on the top of the remote to change volume.

all this for your better television viewing pleasure...
teletubby

HR-20 (2)
Panasonic TH42PX600u
Sony KDS60A2000
Yamaha RXV-3000

#20 OFFLINE   neumanngroup

neumanngroup

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 10:37 PM

OK, So I have a Yamaha RX-V540 receiver and the HR20-100 and the RC34 remote. I have tried almost every single code about 7 times on each of the AV1 and AV2 slides.

It still does not work!

I am about to go crazy here. What am I doing wrong?

I am to assume that in order to do anything you MUST get the initial code working so that you can power off the receiver. I cannot even get to that step. I have tried all the codes multiple times.

I will not buy a Harmony remote.

I also programmed my TV in as per some other posts, but now no matter what selection I use the volume up and down controls the volume on my TV, not my receiver. I have tried the 993 thing and that does not work. Once again, I am to assume that you must get the receiver power working before you can do anything else.

I cannot believe that Directv would make this so impossible for anyone with a home theater.

Can anyone help me?!??!??!?!

Thanks...

Eric

spam firewall