Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HR20 Remote Won't Program for Yamaha RCVR

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
25 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,869 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 10:51 PM

So far, no DIRECTV remote has been able to control my Yamaha HTR-5940. For whatever reason, the two companies aren't sharing information, from the looks of it.

FWIW, I love my Harmony remote.
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   Edmund

Edmund

Remote Master

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,759 posts
  • LocationSouthern Ca

Posted 11 May 2007 - 10:59 PM

OK, So I have a Yamaha RX-V540 receiver and the HR20-100 and the RC34 remote. I have tried almost every single code about 7 times on each of the AV1 and AV2 slides.

It still does not work!

I am about to go crazy here. What am I doing wrong?

I am to assume that in order to do anything you MUST get the initial code working so that you can power off the receiver. I cannot even get to that step. I have tried all the codes multiple times.

I will not buy a Harmony remote.

I also programmed my TV in as per some other posts, but now no matter what selection I use the volume up and down controls the volume on my TV, not my receiver. I have tried the 993 thing and that does not work. Once again, I am to assume that you must get the receiver power working before you can do anything else.

I cannot believe that Directv would make this so impossible for anyone with a home theater.

Can anyone help me?!??!??!?!

Thanks...

Eric

No, you don't need the power functions to program the volume. anyways it won't control the yamaha's ON & OFF power functions. You will have to get over that. To get the volume, use code 30176. with a tv code programmed in:

1. AV1 or AV2, whichever has code 30176
2. press and hold MUTE & SELECT for two blinks
3. enter 9 9 3
4. press SELECT

If you were to press VOL UP in step 4, the Yamaha volume would only work in AV1 or AV2 device. Pressing SELECT punches the Yamaha Vol to all devices.
aka Tivoburkee

#23 OFFLINE   bonscott87

bonscott87

Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07

• Registered
  • 9,809 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 07:01 AM

Check here for any codes you aren't sure of:

http://www.ezremote....ctSelection.php

I followed the instructions in this thread and got my 5960 programmed finally.
Now my receiver has discrete on/off codes so you can't program that into the DirecTV remote but volume is all I cared about. I programmed a bogus TV in first and then did the steps for the A/V receiver and the volume is now working and punched thru all devices.

#24 OFFLINE   CCarncross

CCarncross

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,058 posts
  • LocationJackson

Posted 12 May 2007 - 08:07 AM

Works perfectly with my Yammy's vol. Which is all I want it to do. There are way too many functions that have absolutely nothing to do with watching tv to really worry about anything besides volume and mute. I dont even want it to work the power, although it does for mine. Double check and make sure you are following the procedure exactly. Many make mistakes on the code to control the volume and forget to hit select to finish the procedure.

#25 OFFLINE   neumanngroup

neumanngroup

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 07:58 PM

No, you don't need the power functions to program the volume. anyways it won't control the yamaha's ON & OFF power functions. You will have to get over that. To get the volume, use code 30176. with a tv code programmed in:

1. AV1 or AV2, whichever has code 30176
2. press and hold MUTE & SELECT for two blinks
3. enter 9 9 3
4. press SELECT

If you were to press VOL UP in step 4, the Yamaha volume would only work in AV1 or AV2 device. Pressing SELECT punches the Yamaha Vol to all devices.

Thank you!

What I was doing wrong was pressing select quickly after the 993 routine. After I typed in 993 and then select right away, the light flashed twice and I thought I was done. Then I waited one second and pressed select and it flashed twice again. Then it worked. So the key is to wait one second after pressing 993 and THEN press select.

Thanks for your help!

Eric...

#26 OFFLINE   wolfonthehill

wolfonthehill

AllStar

• Registered
  • 55 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 01:20 PM

I've had an R15 and an HR20... and an older Yamaha DSP-A970 and a new RX-V2600. No combination of DTV remote could be programmed to run either Yamaha receiver.

But the Harmony remote certainly rocks... after dropping a significant chunk of change on recent upgrades (plasma, receiver, Oppo, sub), the $100 Harmony remote made my wife accept it all, since it was easier to use after the upgrades than it was before. One remote on the table, the others stashed away as backups.

Life is good.........

Protected By... spam firewall...And...