Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

anyone have this problem?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   bhigh8

bhigh8

Legend

• Registered
  • 318 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 01:21 PM

I pause live TV and then hit play. It sometimes jumps right to real time and others it starts off where it was paused.

Then I cant catch up all the way even if i fast forward there is still green showing on the bar when it automatically goes to play. the only way i can actually get to real live time tv is to change the channel.

Is this a known problem.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Vinny

Vinny

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,094 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 25 October 2006 - 01:23 PM

Yes....this a known issue. Seems to have surfaced with last software update.

#3 OFFLINE   matto

matto

Banned User

• Banned User
  • 686 posts

how about reading the sticky threads, then you wouldnt have to ask whether it was a known problem (which it is).

#4 OFFLINE   LameLefty

LameLefty

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,040 posts

Yes, I had it happen on two programs so far (and only those two), both "semi-live" (meaning, I was not specifically recording them, just watching them and occasionally pausing and catching up as I stopped to go do other things). One was an MPEG4 HD local football game and one was an MPEG2 HD national feed (ESPN HD Sunday morning). Everything else (SD or HD) has paused and resumed just fine.

"Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!"
Directv since 1997
Will Work for Beer

#5 OFFLINE   bhigh8

bhigh8

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 318 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 01:37 PM

Yes, I had it happen on two programs so far (and only those two), both "semi-live" (meaning, I was not specifically recording them, just watching them and occasionally pausing and catching up as I stopped to go do other things). One was an MPEG4 HD local football game and one was an MPEG2 HD national feed (ESPN HD Sunday morning). Everything else (SD or HD) has paused and resumed just fine.

yeah the catching up problem is always there. i can never catch up to live TV no matter what. only switch channels at comercial does it.

spam firewall