Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Class Action Law Suit

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
13 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   cilurzo

cilurzo

• Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 11:47 PM

With so many D* consumers unhappy with this defective product (HR20) shouldn't we all be represented in a Class Action Law Suit... any attorney's out there?

I don't see software updates... ever fixing ALL the issues with this box. There will always be trade-offs. D* has made a major blunder with this product. When my old V710 cell phone didn't live up to it's advertised features... a Class Action Law Suit was brought against Verizon... and they people won!

Shouldn't D* be held accountable for putting out a defective product?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   mocciat

mocciat

Icon

• Registered
  • 650 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 12:02 AM

With so many D* consumers unhappy with this defective product (HR20) shouldn't we all be represented in a Class Action Law Suit... any attorney's out there?

I don't see software updates... ever fixing ALL the issues with this box. There will always be trade-offs. D* has made a major blunder with this product. When my old V710 cell phone didn't live up to it's advertised features... a Class Action Law Suit was brought against Verizon... and they people won!

It's new technology, give it some time. Besides if you don't like the equiptment that much don't use it and go back to an r15 or a tivo unit. Besides even if "the people do win a class action what will everyone get $1.25?
Panasonic TH-50PX60U 50" Plasma
LG 23" LCD w/ DVD player
Vizio 20" LCD VX20L
HR20-700 (3)
R15
Slingbox AV
PureAV AP30800-10 - Home Theater Battery Backup with AVR Technology - 8 Outlet
Channel Master 4228

DirecTv Customer since 1996

#3 OFFLINE   cilurzo

cilurzo

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 12:05 AM

It's new technology, give it some time. Besides if you don't like the equiptment that much don't use it and go back to an r15 or a tivo unit. Besides even if "the people do win a class action what will everyone get $1.25?

I got $300 from the Verizon law suit. But it's not about the money... it's about my time and getting a product that works!

#4 OFFLINE   mocciat

mocciat

Icon

• Registered
  • 650 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 12:07 AM

I got $300 from the Verizon law suit. But it's not about the money... it's about my time and getting a product that works!

You don't think the cost of a frivelous lawsuit will end up costing the end user in the long run? You got $300 but I guaruntee you paid for it in the form of higher rates.
Panasonic TH-50PX60U 50" Plasma
LG 23" LCD w/ DVD player
Vizio 20" LCD VX20L
HR20-700 (3)
R15
Slingbox AV
PureAV AP30800-10 - Home Theater Battery Backup with AVR Technology - 8 Outlet
Channel Master 4228

DirecTv Customer since 1996

#5 OFFLINE   runopenloop

runopenloop

AllStar

• Registered
  • 62 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 12:25 AM

I thought the remedy was a $25 credit to your bill or $200 toward the purchase of a new phone if you re-upped for another 1 or 2 years.

#6 OFFLINE   Twosted

Twosted

Godfather

• Registered
  • 340 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 01:34 AM

You don't think the cost of a frivelous lawsuit will end up costing the end user in the long run? You got $300 but I guaruntee you paid for it in the form of higher rates.

I agree. You always have a choice. Nothing is 100% guarnteed to work. If you are unhappy or dissatisfied with the quality of programing or equipment, choose another provider.

#7 OFFLINE   fpd917

fpd917

Legend

• Registered
  • 155 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 03:41 AM

Its people like you that make everything we buy cost that much more because you are always trying to get money from someone.
Sony KDF-E42A10
HR20-700
Samsung HT-X50 Home Theater System
Apple iPhone 3G(8 GB)
Apple iMac/Aluminum with Intel Core 2 Duo 20 inch
Apple ibook
Apple ipod video (30 GB)
Apple ipod shuffle
Apple Airport Extreme
Apple Airport Express connected to Home Theater
MyBook Premium Hard Drive (500GB)

#8 OFFLINE   paul01463

paul01463

DBSTalk Club Member

• Registered
  • 68 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 04:21 AM

Clown

#9 OFFLINE   ProfLonghair

ProfLonghair

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,110 posts
  • LocationCMH

Posted 26 October 2006 - 04:23 AM

If you are that upset, compalin enough to D*, and they will get you a refund and cancel your contract. Or, do you just want to have your cake (HR20) and eat it too (get a big hunk of money)?

#10 OFFLINE   wakajawaka

wakajawaka

Godfather

• Registered
  • 420 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 05:51 AM

Class action lawsuits hurt consumers and make lawyers rich. If you don't like what you have, fine do what you want, just don't drag me into it.

#11 OFFLINE   iceman2a

iceman2a

Icon

• Registered
  • 540 posts
  • LocationBOSTON, MA.

Posted 26 October 2006 - 05:55 AM

How much did you pay for the HR20?
Why did you get the HR20?
How are you damaged by the performance of the box?

I got my HR20 by mistake (was expecting h10-250) but I knew full well what the drawbacks were before it was installed!

How about you being accountable for your decision to buy!

If you don't like it, there is always Comcrap!

Just what we need, lawyers getting involved :nono2:
HR21-200
HR20/700
2 H21-200

#12 OFFLINE   EMoMoney

EMoMoney

Godfather

• Registered
  • 260 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 06:21 AM

Anybody else think this thread should be locked?

#13 OFFLINE   hasan

hasan

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,844 posts
  • LocationOgden, IA

Posted 26 October 2006 - 06:21 AM

Anybody else think this thread should be locked?

I do, it's either a troll or simply silly.

...hasan, N0AN

SlimLine5-SWiMLNB/DECA/WHDVR
HR44-700, WD20EURX 2 TB eSATA/ThermalTake Max 5 Enclosure

HR24-200, WD20EVDS 2 TB eSATA/ThermalTake Dock

HR24-200, H21-200. Samsung UN60C6400 60" LED/LCD

DirecTV since 1995

#14 OFFLINE   Chris Blount

Chris Blount

Creator of DBSTalk

• Administrators
  • 17,176 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 06:24 AM

It should be noted that DBSTalk does not endorse or participate in class action lawsuit crusades against any company.

This thread is closed.

spam firewall