Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Saturday Busch Series Race....HD?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   emathis

emathis

Mentor/Supporter

• DBSTalk Club
  • 141 posts

Posted 28 October 2006 - 12:53 PM

I am watching the Busch race on NBC right now. It is advertised as HD, but I really doubt they have even one real HD camera. It is wide screen, but the picture is for sure not HD. How do they get away with calling this HD. The Nextel race is in Atlanta and this race is in Memphis. I suppose all the cameras are in Atlanta, but why bother promoting this as HD.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Davenlr

Davenlr

Geek til I die

• Registered
  • 9,082 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 07:59 PM

I thought it was HD also, so much in fact, I wrote a nasty letter to NASCAR about NBC's terrible HD, then Sunday, watching the race in Atlanta, it was obvious they didnt have HD cameras in Memphis, or their uplink wasnt able to support HD, cuz it sure wasnt in HD.

Tivo Premier XL4, Tivo Premier, Tivo HD whole home on Xfinity HD, DirecTv Whole Home with 39" high gain KaKu dish, Roku3,SageTv 8 TB Win8 Server -> DVDO Edge-> Denon AVR, Klipsch KB15's/Panasonic 55ST60 plasma"

spam firewall