Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

DFW Fox4 Mpeg4

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,021 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 28 October 2006 - 07:00 PM

Does anyone else in DFW expierence excessive drop outs to a blue screen on our Fox HD local? Last night made the WS unwatchable, samething tonight.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   tfederov

tfederov

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 28 October 2006 - 07:02 PM

It was pretty bad over the air as well. I was watching it on one of my HR10-250s (not 6.3a) and was seeing some serious stuttering. I know it wasn't the drive because no other channel was having issues.
- Tony

SWiM16, H21-100, H23-600, H21-700 w/AM21, HR24-500, HR24-100 w/AM21, (3) HR20-700
All receivers networked via DECA
MediaShare using TVersity on Win 7 VM over Mac Snow Leopard

#3 OFFLINE   SFS97

SFS97

Legend

• Registered
  • 107 posts

Posted 28 October 2006 - 09:15 PM

Yes, right now, Mad TV.

I happens on both HR20 and H20.

#4 OFFLINE   KnbJckyAMS

KnbJckyAMS

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 19 posts

Posted 28 October 2006 - 09:22 PM

I also live in the DFW area but I don't have the MPEG4 Locals but instead I have the D* National Locals on CH. 88 which comes out of NY. I too was watching the WS and had Video dropouts to black and momentary audio dropouts!

#5 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 14,021 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 29 October 2006 - 03:19 PM

I also live in the DFW area but I don't have the MPEG4 Locals but instead I have the D* National Locals on CH. 88 which comes out of NY. I too was watching the WS and had Video dropouts to black and momentary audio dropouts!

How can you get nationals? I'd love to.

#6 OFFLINE   KnbJckyAMS

KnbJckyAMS

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 19 posts

Posted 29 October 2006 - 10:49 PM

How can you get nationals? I'd love to.

It's been such a long time ago I really don't remember...But i know that Directv that to petition the stations for permission. I only got approved for NBC, CBS, and FOX. I live in an apartment and can't get any of those stations via my OTA antenna.

Actually I think I was just running over the channel and saw that it said to call so I called and they said that they had to petition the networks...So I was like what the heck! Got a card in the mail about two weeks after that...saying that NBC, FOX, and CBS approved my request and ABC denied it. So I then called D* and told them what the card said and they activated those three national channels.

#7 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 14,021 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 17 April 2007 - 03:31 PM

Is anyone else seeing like an 8mm effect? It appears on non HD broadcasts.

#8 OFFLINE   rokclimbertx

rokclimbertx

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 10:01 PM

Is anyone else seeing like an 8mm effect? It appears on non HD broadcasts.

nothing on this end today... yesterday however, audio wasn't synced with video... live or recorded... and i mean way off like a coupla seconds, not the usual HD audio/video sync problem... with the recorded shows i had to pause every couple of minutes for a minute then hit play for the audio to sync up... but it would go out again after 5 minutes or so... very frustrating...

seems the only HD trouble i have seen is with the locals... espn, discovery etc... all seem to be problem free...

#9 OFFLINE   redrocker

redrocker

AllStar

• Registered
  • 95 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 05:54 AM

I always have problems w/ fox 4, lately the picture just freezes and I have to eigther change the chanel or RBR. The D*tivo SD never has issues.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...