Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Blackhawk games on CSN Chi

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   colavsfaninnwia

colavsfaninnwia

Godfather

• Registered
  • 292 posts

Posted 28 October 2006 - 10:25 PM

Did I miss something, or is Comcast SportsNet Chicago allowed to telecast Hawk home games now? I think tonight was a first for Chicago fans being able to watch a home regular season game.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   jimbo09

jimbo09

Godfather

• Registered
  • 306 posts

Posted 29 October 2006 - 07:05 PM

Did I miss something, or is Comcast SportsNet Chicago allowed to telecast Hawk home games now? I think tonight was a first for Chicago fans being able to watch a home regular season game.

Wow, I guess they figured out that they need to expand their 8,000 person fan base.

I am glad to hear it. When I used to live there, there was nothing like standing shoulder to shoulder with the 18,676 in attendance at the old Chicago Stadium.
(They'd still be playing there if it weren't for MJ)

But you can't do that every night, and people want to follow their team. That owner is a jerk, but maybe he has finally changed his ways.

#3 OFFLINE   jimbo09

jimbo09

Godfather

• Registered
  • 306 posts

Posted 29 October 2006 - 07:13 PM

I checked it out at their offical website, and , YES, there are a very few home games on CSN/CSN-HD. Looks like 5 this season.

OCT 28th vs ANA (Last night)
NOV 10th vs STL
DEC 14th vs DET
FEB 16th vs VAN
APR 5th vs DET

Also, they have one home game scheduled on Versus

JAN 16th vs CBJ

#4 OFFLINE   agreer

agreer

Godfather

• Registered
  • 265 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 08:31 AM

I checked it out at their offical website, and , YES, there are a very few home games on CSN/CSN-HD. Looks like 5 this season.

OCT 28th vs ANA (Last night)
NOV 10th vs STL
DEC 14th vs DET
FEB 16th vs VAN
APR 5th vs DET

Also, they have one home game scheduled on Versus

JAN 16th vs CBJ

I live in the Chicago sports footprint, would I get the non-home-team feed for the other home games on an Out Of Market feed because I technically have a right to watch home team games that are sell outs.

#5 OFFLINE   jimbo09

jimbo09

Godfather

• Registered
  • 306 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 10:43 AM

:lol: I don't think the Hawks sell out

The drew over 17,000 for opening night, but that's not a sellout.

I don't know where you get this "right" to watch home games, but the rest of the Chicago sports market has always (at least since the 1980s) been denied the ability to watch Chicago Blackhawks home games. It's the ownership that has decides this.

I don't have NHL CI, so I guess you could get the visitor's feed there. Can't say I know the rules on that.

#6 OFFLINE   jimbo09

jimbo09

Godfather

• Registered
  • 306 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 01:27 PM

I found the NHL CI Blackout rule:

Blackout restrictions apply to all games that are on NHL® CENTER ICE®. Blackout restrictions are designed to protect the television rightsholders in the competing teams’ respective home markets. Blackouts are not based on arena sellouts.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Local Broadcast Blackout Example
If the St. Louis Blues are playing the New York Rangers, the local telecast areas of the Blues and Rangers will be blacked out on NHL® CENTER ICE®, regardless of whether the teams are televising locally. If the teams are televising locally, NHL® CENTER ICE® subscribers can view the game on their over–the–air television station or their local regional sports network (RSN) if DIRECTV carries the local telecaster–included with TOTAL CHOICE programming and Local Channels.

NHL, the NHL Shield, Stanley Cup and CENTER ICE are registered trademarks of the National Hockey League. NHL and NHL team marks are the property of the NHL and its teams. ©2006 NHL. All Rights Reserved.

#7 OFFLINE   jimbo09

jimbo09

Godfather

• Registered
  • 306 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 01:41 PM

O.K., so I read it this way:

If the Blackhawks are at home, then they are not on Center Ice in the Chicago Area, but can be on CI in the rest of the country (there are more home games for the Hawks on CI). They are not on the regular RSN, except for those 5 or 6 times per season.

This is why the Blackhawks were rated the worst sports franchise by ESPN.

Most fans can afford to go to a game or two a year, and then watch the remainder of the season on the tube. But for Blackhawks fan, that's not an option.

Sorry, I guess I got way off point...

I was once a Blackhawk fan, in the late 80s and early 90s, but tired of their crappy ownership (that is saying something since I haven't tired of the other Chicago crappy ownership:) )

I

#8 OFFLINE   SatelliteJim

SatelliteJim

AllStar

• Registered
  • 65 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 08:32 PM

Ok, let me get this straight. I'm from Detroit. If the Wings are playing at home, then CI doesn't televise game since it will be on my local RSN, which is Fox Sports Detroit. Well then, someone explain to me why I'm watch the Wings right now and the game is on a CI channel AND my RSN, Fox Sports Detroit. And the CI feed is the same, Fox Detroit. Now, if it was the Calgary feed on CI, it would be blacked out for sure.

#9 OFFLINE   colavsfaninnwia

colavsfaninnwia

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 292 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 08:44 PM

No idea, 3 NHL teams claim my area yet none of the CI channels ever (in the past 3 years) get blacked out for me.

#10 OFFLINE   jimbo09

jimbo09

Godfather

• Registered
  • 306 posts

Posted 02 November 2006 - 06:59 PM

I have no clue, but hey, you can watch the games, that's what's important.

Blackhawks fans in Chicago can't watch the games:nono:

spam firewall