Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

NFL Good on 1 HR20 Deleted on another

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   mocciat

mocciat

Icon

• Registered
  • 650 posts

Posted 29 October 2006 - 07:45 PM

Here's a new one. I recorded the jets-browns and the colts-broncos on both my hr20's. the jets were in sd and the colts were in hd. the jets were deleted from both hr 20's at as per all the sports subscription channels, but on one of my hr20's the colts game was not deleted. Anyone else seeing this phenomenom?
Panasonic TH-50PX60U 50" Plasma
LG 23" LCD w/ DVD player
Vizio 20" LCD VX20L
HR20-700 (3)
R15
Slingbox AV
PureAV AP30800-10 - Home Theater Battery Backup with AVR Technology - 8 Outlet
Channel Master 4228

DirecTv Customer since 1996

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   mckeemike505

mckeemike505

AllStar

• Registered
  • 87 posts

Posted 29 October 2006 - 07:54 PM

No I haven't. I didn't record that game but I record different games all the time on both of my HR20's and have never had that happen. Had other weird things. Just out of curiousity is either of your boxes HR20-700s? If yes are you having more problems with one than the other?

Mike

#3 OFFLINE   mocciat

mocciat

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 650 posts

Posted 29 October 2006 - 09:56 PM

No I haven't. I didn't record that game but I record different games all the time on both of my HR20's and have never had that happen. Had other weird things. Just out of curiousity is either of your boxes HR20-700s? If yes are you having more problems with one than the other?

Mike

both hr20-700 and this is the only problem I am having...deletion of games after the feed has been cut
LG 23" LCD w/ DVD player
Vizio 20" LCD VX20L
HR20-700 (3)
R15
Slingbox AV
Channel Master 4228

#4 OFFLINE   mckeemike505

mckeemike505

AllStar

• Registered
  • 87 posts

Posted 29 October 2006 - 10:59 PM

you may want to wonder into the big issue thread at the top for the current list of problems with our current software update. I know the list is really long. I have looked through it pretty well and don't believe anyone else has had a problem like your reported in that thread so you may want to put it there so that they can hopefully get it fixed in the next update. You have tried the red button reset that they pretty much tell you to do for everything right? I know it is kind of hard to do in your situation. I don't think it is a sports right issue because we have recorded games for weeks on our HR20's using Sunday Ticket and have not had a problem. You may also want to call D* and make sure that your reciever is setup for ST and Game Fan for the HD part. They may need to send you the programing to your recievers again to make sure they are authorized correctly. You might try and get a little bit of credit out of it if it was a big deal to you. By the way if you goto channel 731-732 you can watch any game you want or record them without commercials or breaks so basically every game only last about 30mins. Great way to kind of see what all the other teams are doing without spending days watching everything or watching "pro commentators". Anyway that is the only things that I can think of for you to try. Good luck

Mike

#5 OFFLINE   mocciat

mocciat

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 650 posts

Posted 29 October 2006 - 11:01 PM

you may want to wonder into the big issue thread at the top for the current list of problems with our current software update. I know the list is really long. I have looked through it pretty well and don't believe anyone else has had a problem like your reported in that thread so you may want to put it there so that they can hopefully get it fixed in the next update. You have tried the red button reset that they pretty much tell you to do for everything right? I know it is kind of hard to do in your situation. I don't think it is a sports right issue because we have recorded games for weeks on our HR20's using Sunday Ticket and have not had a problem. You may also want to call D* and make sure that your reciever is setup for ST and Game Fan for the HD part. They may need to send you the programing to your recievers again to make sure they are authorized correctly. You might try and get a little bit of credit out of it if it was a big deal to you. By the way if you goto channel 731-732 you can watch any game you want or record them without commercials or breaks so basically every game only last about 30mins. Great way to kind of see what all the other teams are doing without spending days watching everything or watching "pro commentators". Anyway that is the only things that I can think of for you to try. Good luck

Mike

This is a know problem on sports subscriptions but I found it wierd that 1 game did not delete.
LG 23" LCD w/ DVD player
Vizio 20" LCD VX20L
HR20-700 (3)
R15
Slingbox AV
Channel Master 4228

#6 OFFLINE   mocciat

mocciat

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 650 posts

Posted 29 October 2006 - 11:03 PM

see following thread

http://www.dbstalk.c...ead.php?t=67905
LG 23" LCD w/ DVD player
Vizio 20" LCD VX20L
HR20-700 (3)
R15
Slingbox AV
Channel Master 4228

#7 OFFLINE   mocciat

mocciat

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 650 posts

Posted 29 October 2006 - 11:11 PM

and this one

http://www.dbstalk.c...ead.php?t=68022
LG 23" LCD w/ DVD player
Vizio 20" LCD VX20L
HR20-700 (3)
R15
Slingbox AV
Channel Master 4228

#8 OFFLINE   mckeemike505

mckeemike505

AllStar

• Registered
  • 87 posts

Posted 29 October 2006 - 11:12 PM

I took that to mean that it was more problem with hockey and college football games not NFL ST. Sorry didn't realize it was one and the same. My 2 recievers do almost nothing alike one is stable and works well the other is almost junk. Why I don't know.

Mike

#9 OFFLINE   hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 31,667 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 06:44 AM

I've scheduled & recored 19 NFL HD games so far (NFL Ticket). On 3 occasions, I recorded 2 games being played at the same time.

All games recorded perfectly, played back perfectly (audio & video), fast-forwarded and rewound during playback perfectly, and were saved perfectly. Most recent games were yesterday.

Not one problem to date. None were deleted automatically. I chose to delete 5 games, but went through the delete process. I'm very happy about the NFL Ticket HD games this year, not to mention the HR20 performance - what's not to be pleased about - all is working perfectly. :)

#10 OFFLINE   clarkjrmac

clarkjrmac

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 20 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 07:42 AM

I had this happen for a ESPN Gameplan matchup this past Saturday. Recorded the game and went to watch it and it was not in the VOD list. Good thing because of the outcome it was not worth watching!

#11 OFFLINE   mocciat

mocciat

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 650 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 12:45 PM

I've scheduled & recored 19 NFL HD games so far (NFL Ticket). On 3 occasions, I recorded 2 games being played at the same time.

All games recorded perfectly, played back perfectly (audio & video), fast-forwarded and rewound during playback perfectly, and were saved perfectly. Most recent games were yesterday.

Not one problem to date. None were deleted automatically. I chose to delete 5 games, but went through the delete process. I'm very happy about the NFL Ticket HD games this year, not to mention the HR20 performance - what's not to be pleased about - all is working perfectly. :)

What kind of connections are you running? I have one hooked up with HDMI and one with component cables.
LG 23" LCD w/ DVD player
Vizio 20" LCD VX20L
HR20-700 (3)
R15
Slingbox AV
Channel Master 4228

spam firewall