Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Upcoming: Title Not Available - Guide Problem?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
22 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   gator5000e

gator5000e

Godfather

• Registered
  • 310 posts
  • LocationWinter Park, Florida

Posted 30 October 2006 - 07:03 PM

I have a bunch of these scattered thru the guide. Sometimes I go to the guide and these channels have information - like Channel 95 shows Upcomnig: Rangers @ Kings. then if I go back into the guide, I get the Title not available. I searched for this but could not find anything. Any way to cure this? Is this a software bug?

Thanks.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   cybrsurfer

cybrsurfer

Banned User

• Banned User
  • 614 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 07:19 PM

I have a bunch of these scattered thru the guide. Sometimes I go to the guide and these channels have information - like Channel 95 shows Upcomnig: Rangers @ Kings. then if I go back into the guide, I get the Title not available. I searched for this but could not find anything. Any way to cure this? Is this a software bug?

Thanks.

Not all programs for all channels show for an exact two weeks. Some do some don't.
2 HR20-700S (0xef) [Owned/Factory: MFG 8/29/2006&10/08/2006]
1 HR10-250 (6.3a-01-2-357) [Owned/Factory MFG 5/2006]
AT-9
I'm impartial to Dish/Echostar,DirecTV,Verizon FiOS or Cable. I have no bias as to giving information to members of the many forums on DBSTalk.

#3 OFFLINE   gator5000e

gator5000e

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 310 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 07:35 PM

Thanks, but the info can be there one minute and then I get the no title available just a few minutes later - and for programming that is on tonight. That does not sound right to me. Like the hockey game. The first time I looked there was nothing there. If I had not gone back I would not have seen the game tonight at 10:30; Just wondering if there is anything I can do.

#4 OFFLINE   Darkside Devotee

Darkside Devotee

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 24 posts
  • LocationChicagoland

Posted 30 October 2006 - 07:51 PM

Thanks, but the info can be there one minute and then I get the no title available just a few minutes later - and for programming that is on tonight. That does not sound right to me. Like the hockey game. The first time I looked there was nothing there. If I had not gone back I would not have seen the game tonight at 10:30; Just wondering if there is anything I can do.

I had an issue with this, turned out it was the parental controls. The guide doesn't show info if the rating is not approved, can't imagine they'd change that on you but it was the problem in my instance.

#5 OFFLINE   bwaldron

bwaldron

Impossible Dreamer

• Registered
  • 5,524 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 09:15 PM

It's not on your end, it is DirecTV. Guide data for 95 is always rather funky, and when there's nothing on there you'll often get "searching for signal" since they only activate it when needed.

It's nice that they show the games, but it would be even nicer if we knew when they were going to be on.

#6 OFFLINE   gator5000e

gator5000e

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 310 posts

Posted 02 November 2006 - 06:37 PM

Still having this problem tonight. All the ST channels showed Upcoming: Title Not Available. Took a chance and reset the unit and now all the ST channels show the Mix channels and upcoming games. Hopefully, this is a correctable bug.

#7 OFFLINE   mocciat

mocciat

Icon

• Registered
  • 650 posts

Posted 02 November 2006 - 06:46 PM

Still having this problem tonight. All the ST channels showed Upcoming: Title Not Available. Took a chance and reset the unit and now all the ST channels show the Mix channels and upcoming games. Hopefully, this is a correctable bug.

Do a date and time search and your ST stuff will be there
Panasonic TH-50PX60U 50" Plasma
LG 23" LCD w/ DVD player
Vizio 20" LCD VX20L
HR20-700 (3)
R15
Slingbox AV
PureAV AP30800-10 - Home Theater Battery Backup with AVR Technology - 8 Outlet
Channel Master 4228

DirecTv Customer since 1996

#8 OFFLINE   Vinny

Vinny

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,095 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 02 November 2006 - 06:51 PM

I noticed the guide problem when I was checking my history. I noticed a lot of cancelled recordings for 11/13 (WCBS2 MPEG4) and some a little earlier than 11/13. Actually, there are lots all over the guide.

I'm wondering whether the guide could be the culprit when there are partial recordings or no recording at all when there are series links in place.

#9 OFFLINE   Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 30,092 posts

Posted 02 November 2006 - 07:14 PM

I noticed the guide problem when I was checking my history. I noticed a lot of cancelled recordings for 11/13 (WCBS2 MPEG4) and some a little earlier than 11/13. Actually, there are lots all over the guide.

I'm wondering whether the guide could be the culprit when there are partial recordings or no recording at all when there are series links in place.

Did you restart recently?
If so, then anything that "was" scheduled, is "canceled" and re-added when the guide re-loads
Earl - Gotta Love Karma

DIRECTV employee since April 2008.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#10 OFFLINE   gator5000e

gator5000e

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 310 posts

Posted 02 November 2006 - 07:30 PM

Shouldn't have to do that for every channel I have the Upcoming: Title Not Available guide problem, right? And it happens every day on a number of channels. Anyway, just wanted to post it in case it's a bug. Sure seems like one.

#11 OFFLINE   HockeyKat

HockeyKat

Legend

• Registered
  • 229 posts

Posted 02 November 2006 - 07:36 PM

I noticed some of this with the Center Ice channels earlier. It seemed as if the Title Not Available message was happening close to the end of the half hour when the guide would have to shift. So, say 7:28 I looked at the guide and other than the games that were actually on at the moment, the other CI channels had the Title Not Available message even though the upcoming games had been listed earlier when I looked. But at 7:30 after the guide had flipped over to that next half hour, all the upcoming games tonight were actually listed in the guide. It looked like channel 95 was doing the same thing around the same time.

I'll have to check back later and see if the same thing happens again at the end of the hour.

#12 OFFLINE   gpg

gpg

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,727 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 02 November 2006 - 11:31 PM

There's definitely something weird going on with WCBS 2 MPEG4 guide data in NY. I lost a bunch of SLs for that channel starting with next Tuesday, and the guide data is blank. The shows were in the guide yesterday. We'll see how long it takes to restore them.

BTW, I haven't done a reset since Tuesday night.

#13 OFFLINE   Vinny

Vinny

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 03 November 2006 - 12:15 AM

Did you restart recently?
If so, then anything that "was" scheduled, is "canceled" and re-added when the guide re-loads

At the time of my original post, I hadn't restarted for over a week. The guide is populated; but not with the right programming; thus, series links were cancelled. I'm hoping the guide will straighten itself out by 11/13. I just checked it again, and it still is wrong.

#14 OFFLINE   Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 30,092 posts

Posted 03 November 2006 - 12:16 AM

Before you go to bed tonight...

Restart the unit, to force the guide to reload.....
If after the reload, and it is still wrong... then it might just be flat out bad data in the guide stream.
Earl - Gotta Love Karma

DIRECTV employee since April 2008.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#15 OFFLINE   Vinny

Vinny

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 03 November 2006 - 12:26 AM

If after the reload, and it is still wrong... then it might just be flat out bad data in the guide stream.

I had to restart 3 times tonight (thats another story) and each time the guide came back with the same info. On 11/13, from 10:30 AM until 11/14 at 10:52 PM the guide lists "Upcoming: Make Money in Today's Real Estate Market." Hence, all normal programming in series links have been cancelled.

#16 OFFLINE   islesfan44

islesfan44

Banned User

• Banned User
  • 38 posts

Posted 03 November 2006 - 04:17 PM

This problem has been occuring since I got my HR20 (10/7/06), and it seems to be confined to the NHL Center Ice channels. Of course, since recording doesn't work with Center Ice, it really desn't matter anyway. If I get to watch the game live, I just tune to 760, and start pressing the up channel button until I see the Islanders. Most of the time, I just watch on my old reliable TiVo.

#17 OFFLINE   gator5000e

gator5000e

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 310 posts

Posted 03 November 2006 - 05:23 PM

I get the message on the CI channels as well as some of the channels in the 90s. The weird thinking is that if you pull up the guide a bunch of times once in a while the correct information will be there. But it won't stay that way for long.

BTW, are the data streams different for each type/brand of receiver?

#18 OFFLINE   RAD

RAD

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,025 posts
  • LocationDripping Springs, TX

Posted 03 November 2006 - 08:02 PM

Wanted to watch the Kings/Bulls game in NBA-LP. I checked the schedule about 6PM and all the LP channels showed no programming. I checked again at 7:00 and now all the 7PM games were showing up but bo Kings/Bulls. I selected the channel for the last game showing and tuned to it. I think hit the channel up button and the channel banner for 753 said upcoming at 7:30 for the game. When back to watching something else and checked the guide again on 753 and it again didn't list the Kings/Bulls game. After 7:30 the guide was then showing the 7:30 games. Happens on both my HR20's.

See post My Setup for configuration info.

#19 OFFLINE   tjdevaul

tjdevaul

Mentor

• Registered
  • 32 posts

Posted 04 November 2006 - 12:03 PM

I am also seeing funky guide data. Sometimes it's all there, sometimes it partly there and most of the time it's Upcoming: Title Not Available. It's not just on center ice. It does look like it's on sports programming (even in the 600's). I have also noticed that when you go to the channel, for a brief second it shows the correct program information then goes back to "Upcoming: Title Not Available ". I tried to Manuel record a game the other night and I got nothing (would not even play) but in the VOD listing it shows the right information and the HR20 said it was on 633(fox sports south) but playing crimson and tide.

Mind you all of my other D* receivers had the correct guide data.

#20 OFFLINE   Canis Lupus

Canis Lupus

You make it, We break it

• Registered
  • 4,722 posts

Posted 04 November 2006 - 01:23 PM

I had this this morning in advance of my first Sunday with ST HD. Was checking to make sure I was going to get the games and what channels they were on. I called support and was told the guide data doesn't show up until game day. I explained to them that on my TiVo box, I actually can see the NEXT week's games guide data right behind the current game on that channel - been that way for a long time.

So I said "Thank you for your help", hung up, went to my settings, restarted the box, and everything was there upon reboot. Being a Mac user for a long time, I'm not used to having to reboot to fix problems. But if I acquire a more Windoze-like mentality, I'm sure the reboots will help. ;)

Of course, my Giants are the only game not scheduled in HD. Is this because it's not a high enough profile game (Houston)?. Does this happen often, or should all of the games be in HD?

Protected By... spam firewall...And...