Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Which satellite are NFL ST HD games beamed from? And did my installer lie?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   jmferraiolo

jmferraiolo

Mentor

• Registered
  • 40 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 01:49 PM

I am a D* subscriber.

I was recently set up with the HR20 and a new 3 LNB dish. It was determined prior to the install that because of my location in an apartment complex, the AT9 (ka-ku) was not an option for me and would indeed be unnecessary since I can not get local channels in SD or HD in my area (Charlottesville, VA).

Much to my chagrin, when the installer came out and did the dish upgrade, he said that he didn't think I would be able to receive the HD package. He tried a few different positions and angles on my patio, but ultimately he was unable to get the 110 or 119 satellites to come in. I was ready to cancel the install right there, but he mentioned that even though I would not be able to receive the HD "package" , I would still receive the NFL ST games in HD because they were not broadcast on either of those satellites. I hemmed and hawed for a while and eventually allowed him to continue the install and bring the receiver up. I reasoned that as long as I can get the football in HD (which is what I mainly want), I could justify going forward with the upgrade.

Now I'm trying to figure out if he pulled a fast one on me. I have checked the channel maps over at http://www.lyngsat.c...es/america.html but obviously it's not clear from that where the HD broadcasts are coming from. I know all that Sunday Ticket does is allow you to receive various regional sports channels from the local markets the games are broadcast in OR their national feed equivalents... I just don't know which satellite they're coming in on.

So, am I going to be able to receive the HD ST broadcasts at all or did my installer tell me a lie to "complete" his install and get paid?

I would call a CSR and ask this same question, but honestly, I trust you guys more than the answer I'd get from them. I'd probably get a different answer every time I called, knowing those jokers. If he did lie, what is my recourse? I'm going to be posting a separate thread later on with some pictures of my install site to see if there are any "custom" options beyond a bucket mount that would allow me to receive the 110 and 119 sats from my location. I'm a desperate man and very capable of jury rigging something extremely ghetto looking to get my HD. :)

Thanks in advance.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

Protected By... spam firewall...And...