Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Blackhawks on HDNet tonight. Problem?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   tzphotos.com

tzphotos.com

Godfather

• Registered
  • 409 posts

Posted 02 November 2006 - 11:37 PM

Did anyone else have a problem with this evenings game? I setup a recording for the Game on HDNet, but when I got home to play it only 1 minute was recorded. I have an HR10-250 with DirecTV.

Did anyone else have a problem with HDNet this evening?

I'm not really a fan of the Blackhawks, but wanted to just see the local team and hockey in HD.

Tom

www.tzphotos.com

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   jcrandall

jcrandall

Godfather

• Registered
  • 361 posts

Posted 02 November 2006 - 11:51 PM

Did anyone else have a problem with this evenings game? I setup a recording for the Game on HDNet, but when I got home to play it only 1 minute was recorded. I have an HR10-250 with DirecTV.

Did anyone else have a problem with HDNet this evening?

I'm not really a fan of the Blackhawks, but wanted to just see the local team and hockey in HD.

You may have been blacked out, the original broadcast is available in SD on your RSN, so the HDNET feed should be blacked out, or at least it usually is. I record the 11:30 re-air, that is in HD and not blacked out. I'm in Detroit market, so have the same issue as you in Chicago for tonights game.

#3 OFFLINE   Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 30,092 posts

Posted 02 November 2006 - 11:57 PM

HDNet was probably Injured along with the rest of the Blackhawk team.....

It was most likely the Blackout issue, knowing the history of the Blackhawks and their TV outlets.
Earl - Gotta Love Karma

DIRECTV employee since April 2008.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#4 OFFLINE   tzphotos.com

tzphotos.com

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 409 posts

Posted 02 November 2006 - 11:58 PM

You may have been blacked out, the original broadcast is available in SD on your RSN, so the HDNET feed should be blacked out, or at least it usually is. I record the 11:30 re-air, that is in HD and not blacked out. I'm in Detroit market, so have the same issue as you in Chicago for tonights game.

I thought that might be the problem, since I have seen it happen with Cubs games, but the game wasn't on Comcast Sports Chicago today. Hmm Something isn't right.

Tom

www.tzphotos.com

#5 OFFLINE   Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 30,092 posts

Posted 03 November 2006 - 12:15 AM

Was the game in Chicago tonight?

If that was the case... then it is VERY likely Wertz had it blacked out in the Chicago market....

The man can't get it through his thick little head... that if he wants to rebuild his fan base... he needs a way for people to see the team play... before they are willing to spend the money to go to the stadium
Earl - Gotta Love Karma

DIRECTV employee since April 2008.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#6 OFFLINE   colavsfaninnwia

colavsfaninnwia

Godfather

• Registered
  • 292 posts

Posted 03 November 2006 - 12:21 AM

But there are 5 Chicago home games slated to be shown on local TV, and one of those 5 games has already occurred. See this thread for more info on that http://www.dbstalk.c...ead.php?t=68611 . Doesn't D* give a message about the program being blacked out before you can try to record it? I know E* does. BTW, I don't recieve any HD programming from E*. ~ColAvsFan

#7 OFFLINE   tzphotos.com

tzphotos.com

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 409 posts

Posted 03 November 2006 - 12:33 PM

Was the game in Chicago tonight?

If that was the case... then it is VERY likely Wertz had it blacked out in the Chicago market....

The man can't get it through his thick little head... that if he wants to rebuild his fan base... he needs a way for people to see the team play... before they are willing to spend the money to go to the stadium

I am not a big hockey fan so I didn't know the NHL worked that way. Baseball & Football on TV doesn't seem to reduce the fans coming to the game, why is it different with Hockey?

Tom

www.tzphotos.com

#8 OFFLINE   jimbo09

jimbo09

Godfather

• Registered
  • 306 posts

Posted 03 November 2006 - 01:51 PM

I am not a big hockey fan so I didn't know the NHL worked that way. Baseball & Football on TV doesn't seem to reduce the fans coming to the game, why is it different with Hockey?

Well, the NFL rules for television actually are based on sellouts, the other sports are not.

The Chicago Blackhawks rule of no televised home games was a long standing rule of their franchise. This year they have moved to televising about a game a month on local cable/RSN.

#9 OFFLINE   tzphotos.com

tzphotos.com

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 409 posts

Posted 03 November 2006 - 10:28 PM

Well, the NFL rules for television actually are based on sellouts, the other sports are not.

The Chicago Blackhawks rule of no televised home games was a long standing rule of their franchise. This year they have moved to televising about a game a month on local cable/RSN.

I guess this would explain the lack of interest for hockey versus other sports.

Tom

www.tzphotos.com

Protected By... spam firewall...And...