Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Best Bet on Plasma Set

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   JM Anthony

JM Anthony

Child of the 60's

• Gold Members
  • 3,126 posts

Posted 21 November 2006 - 11:11 PM

I'm in the market for a 60/61" plasma set. Sit tight and wait for 1080P in that size? Or buy ..... now? Any thoughts.

Thanks.

PS - yes I've been to the AVS Forum
John Anthony
and Gus, the 22# Wonder Cat
E* since ‘96

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   ibglowin

ibglowin

Godfather/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 22 November 2006 - 09:07 AM

Most articles I have read have said you must be a pretty close distance (for your eyes) to see any difference between 720P and 1080P. If your beyond that sweet spot (or too close) your eyes can't see the extra detail (if there is any). Combine that with the fact that there is no 1080P broadcast source material (and there may never be any) and the only 1080p source material at all is BluRay HD disc I would save the extra $$$ and go with a top rated 720P model.

My $0.02!
Mike

"I always wanted to be a scientist, and now I are one."

#3 OFFLINE   JM Anthony

JM Anthony

Child of the 60's

• Topic Starter
  • Gold Members
  • 3,126 posts

Posted 22 November 2006 - 03:24 PM

That's a good perspective. I made the mistake of seeing an HD DVD over a 1080p set and I about dropped my drawers.

John
John Anthony
and Gus, the 22# Wonder Cat
E* since ‘96

Protected By... spam firewall...And...