Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

what is the phone number for customer retention

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   jmschnur

jmschnur

Icon

• Registered
  • 861 posts

Posted 28 November 2006 - 08:41 AM

Lot's of problems with 6.3a-may move to new box if OTA comes out and want to get the best deal.

So whati s the best strategy?

Joel

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   hasan

hasan

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,856 posts
  • LocationOgden, IA

Posted 28 November 2006 - 08:48 AM

Lot's of problems with 6.3a-may move to new box if OTA comes out and want to get the best deal.

So whati s the best strategy?

Joel

There is no customer retention number any longer (it was being abused and overloaded). The only way to get to retention is to go through the front end CSR.

Strategy: tell them what options and offerings are like from other providers (either cable or dish, or whatever) and that you would like to stay with them but need a reason to turn down such a fine deal from "XXXX" . Have a clear idea in your own mind what it is you want (and what you might reasonably deserve). Consider how long you've been a customer and what your bill has been like (and that you have been paying it on time).

If you are a long term customer and have paid your bill on time, you should be able to get the HR20 for no more than 99 bucks, and for as little as outright free, depending on who you talk to (it varies) and how far you are willing to push. Stick with it and you'll get a good deal. If you are not offered something to your liking, hang up (politely) and call back....get a different CSR and see what they offer you in response to your other options.

...hasan, N0AN

SlimLine5-SWiMLNB/DECA/WHDVR
HR44-700, WD20EURX 2 TB eSATA/ThermalTake Max 5 Enclosure

HR24-200, WD20EVDS 2 TB eSATA/ThermalTake Dock

HR24-200, H21-200. Samsung UN60C6400 60" LED/LCD

DirecTV since 1995

#3 OFFLINE   Camaro305

Camaro305

Legend

• Registered
  • 112 posts

Posted 28 November 2006 - 08:50 AM

If I recall, I saw on this board that the retention number no longer goes to retention, but routes to the generic DirecTV number.

#4 OFFLINE   redfiver

redfiver

DBSTalk Club Member

• Registered
  • 560 posts

Posted 28 November 2006 - 10:59 AM

For me, I didn't have to threaten to leave to get good deals from D*. Granted, i was having issues with my HR10-250 (still am..I should have never taken their refurbed HR10-250 to replace mine!). But, when I said I had a problem with the HR10, they sent me the HR20 on accident. I complained and told them I just wanted to keep the HR20 without charge and they needed to come put up a new dish. they agreed to do all of this, as well as send me a new HR10 (since mine is still kaput) as well as gave me tons of freebies (all movie channels, money of the bill for a year, etc.). All without having to say I was leaving D*. The CSR said he appreciated that I wasn't trying to just "get out" or swing a special deal and he just started offering up the goods. granted, I have had a couple of problems with them recently and they can see that in the logs, but it was nice not to lie and to get rewarded for being the geniunely nice guy that I am :P

#5 OFFLINE   Dusty

Dusty

Icon

• Registered
  • 714 posts

Posted 28 November 2006 - 12:13 PM

I didn't have to get to retention to get goodies from them. My last two goodies were from regular support agents.

#6 OFFLINE   tstarn

tstarn

Banned User

• Banned User
  • 1,199 posts

Posted 28 November 2006 - 04:51 PM

There is no customer retention number any longer (it was being abused and overloaded). The only way to get to retention is to go through the front end CSR.

Strategy: tell them what options and offerings are like from other providers (either cable or dish, or whatever) and that you would like to stay with them but need a reason to turn down such a fine deal from "XXXX" . Have a clear idea in your own mind what it is you want (and what you might reasonably deserve). Consider how long you've been a customer and what your bill has been like (and that you have been paying it on time).

If you are a long term customer and have paid your bill on time, you should be able to get the HR20 for no more than 99 bucks, and for as little as outright free, depending on who you talk to (it varies) and how far you are willing to push. Stick with it and you'll get a good deal. If you are not offered something to your liking, hang up (politely) and call back....get a different CSR and see what they offer you in response to your other options.

I called yesterday and tried to get a second HR20 (yes, a glutton for punishment), replacing the current H20 I have in the bedroom. The CSR in equipment said he could only offer me an HR20 at $299, and if I got my initial HR20 from D*, I had to wait six months for a second one. When I asked if that was the best he could do, he offered to transfer me to retention, but I didn't push it. Figured I didn't really need the HR20 and don't want to pay a dime for it, considering all the hassles. The H20 is working fine, so I let it drop. Anyone else hear about this limit one per subscriber scenario? This is what the guy told me. Since I had bought mine from Best Buy, however, I could get a second one if I wanted it.
HDTV: Hitachi 42HDS69 plasma, Sony KE-32TS2 HD plasma
Directv Receivers: HR-20, R-10 (2), H-20
Hitachi and HR20 connected via HDMI (direct)
Sony and H20 connected via component

HT: Kenwood 8070 7.1 THX-certified receiver
Speakers:
PSB Image T55 (Main), PSB Image C40 (center), Image S50 (Surrounds).
DVD Players: Panasonic DVD Recorder (DMR-ES10B), Sony DVP-NS75H (upconverting).

#7 OFFLINE   pappys

pappys

Godfather

• Registered
  • 392 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 12:03 AM

I called yesterday and tried to get a second HR20 (yes, a glutton for punishment), replacing the current H20 I have in the bedroom. The CSR in equipment said he could only offer me an HR20 at $299, and if I got my initial HR20 from D*, I had to wait six months for a second one. When I asked if that was the best he could do, he offered to transfer me to retention, but I didn't push it. Figured I didn't really need the HR20 and don't want to pay a dime for it, considering all the hassles. The H20 is working fine, so I let it drop. Anyone else hear about this limit one per subscriber scenario? This is what the guy told me. Since I had bought mine from Best Buy, however, I could get a second one if I wanted it.

ahh, so typical of the CSR's. You can call 5 times and hear 5 different stories. I have read of these types of comments from other people. But there are just as many other stories that can/will benefit you.
HR20-700 (conected to plasma via receiver)
HR21-100, Connected to LCD in Bedroom and via component to my plasma in my bedroom.
HR20-700
H20
Zinwell 6x8 multiswitch
AT9 Dish
Hitachi Plasma TV.
Sony BDS-350 Blu-ray player.

#8 OFFLINE   Newshawk

Newshawk

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,427 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 10:50 AM

Well, considering that D* had to institute a priority wait list for people who wanted HR20s, I can imagine they'd like to limit the number of them customers can get until the backlog is taken care of and the stocks are built up again.

DIRECTV employee April 2004-November 2012.
The above comments are my own because I don't know if anyone would care about my opinions anymore.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...