Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

v0x104 - History feature updates

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
23 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   ptighe

ptighe

DBSTalk Club Member

• Registered
  • 35 posts

Posted 08 December 2006 - 12:20 PM

I'll have to wait to test it out here as well, didn't get the update last night. So looks like early next week. :)

So you did get the update? I'm curious to see these new messages, maybe it will help us understand what's going on.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   mtnagel

mtnagel

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,015 posts

Posted 15 December 2006 - 04:09 PM

So I was looking at my To Do list today and it has 20/20 scheduled for tonight at 9. But on the bottom, it says, "This episode was partially recorded because it became unavailable. (13)"

So when did the HR20 become psychic? Let me reiterate, it says this on a show that hasn't started yet, but somehow it knows it will partially record it?

I should say that I've never had a partial in over 2 months with this thing, so I am 99% confident it will record as it's supposed to, but I just think the wording is weird.
- Matt

#23 OFFLINE   mtnagel

mtnagel

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,015 posts

Posted 20 December 2006 - 11:44 AM

So I was looking at my To Do list today and it has 20/20 scheduled for tonight at 9. But on the bottom, it says, "This episode was partially recorded because it became unavailable. (13)"

So when did the HR20 become psychic? Let me reiterate, it says this on a show that hasn't started yet, but somehow it knows it will partially record it?

I should say that I've never had a partial in over 2 months with this thing, so I am 99% confident it will record as it's supposed to, but I just think the wording is weird.

And it did record both successfully. Any idea why it would say what it said before it even recorded it?
- Matt

#24 OFFLINE   mtnagel

mtnagel

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,015 posts

Posted 30 December 2006 - 08:44 AM

So I guess no one cares about this?

I have another issue with the History information. Here's the whole story I posted in the issue thread.

Last night was playing the Nintendo DS while the tv was on. It was scheduled to record Seinfeld rerun on the local Fox channel at 7:30 and Sweet Home Alabama at 8 pm. At about 9:50, it was on Grey's Anatomy (so there were no conflicts for the things to record) and I noticed the audio sync was off, so I was going to change the channel and change it back to see if that cleared it up. So I pressed the channel up and it seemed to hang. I was able to press the list, but the two things weren't recorded/recording. I went to the To Do list and it still listed Seinfeld (even though the time had passed and it should have dropped from the list) and Sweet Home didn't have the R symbol. The unit was very slow and seemed unresponsive. Eventually I could get to the reset menu in the software so I did a reset. After it came back up, Sweet Home started recording (obviously didn't need the last couple minutes so I deleted that in the list) and Seinfeld wasn't in the list.

Looking at the history, Sweet Home shows as deleted and Seinfeld shows as "partial". When selecting it, all it says is, "This showing is over." WTF? What happened to the detailed history?
- Matt

spam firewall