Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Blackouts on ESPN Full Court???

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   bobukcat

bobukcat

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,964 posts

Posted 05 December 2006 - 08:29 PM

This is my fourth year subbing to Full Court via E* but this is the first time I've seen this, there are two games tonight showing blacked-out for my area!! How the hell can they be subject to blackout when I've paid $200 to watch all these games, some one please tell me this is just E* screwing up and not the way it's going to be all year or I'm really going to be pissed!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   John W

John W

Icon

• Registered
  • 542 posts

Posted 05 December 2006 - 09:50 PM

This is my fourth year subbing to Full Court via E* but this is the first time I've seen this, there are two games tonight showing blacked-out for my area!! How the hell can they be subject to blackout when I've paid $200 to watch all these games, some one please tell me this is just E* screwing up and not the way it's going to be all year or I'm really going to be pissed!

Are you sure they are Full Court games and not on alternate rsn channels?

#3 OFFLINE   John W

John W

Icon

• Registered
  • 542 posts

Posted 05 December 2006 - 09:53 PM

Just checked and there are several college games on alternate rsns tonight and they are blacked out.At least one of those is also on Full Court on a higher channel number and is in the clear-I have FC.

#4 OFFLINE   FTA Michael

FTA Michael

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 05 December 2006 - 11:41 PM

I don't know whether this fits your particular situation, but it's possible for a game to be blacked out AND not available on Full Court. I heard that some conferences are trying to swing regional deals, so they black out all of their games for OOM RSNs.
Yes, FTABlog is active again. Why do you ask?

#5 OFFLINE   bobukcat

bobukcat

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,964 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 08:14 AM

Just checked and there are several college games on alternate rsns tonight and they are blacked out.At least one of those is also on Full Court on a higher channel number and is in the clear-I have FC.

Where you able to watch either the Texas A&M / LSU or the Col of Charl / South Carolina game? These were not listed on my alternate RSN and the higher channel FC game was blacked out for me. I looked up the Full Court schedule ESPN.com and both of those games listed Fox Sports South as the originating network and had a blackout map link that showed my area as blacked out with a note saying it should be available locally. The problem is that E* never has FSN South on my guide, I always get FSN Ohio with some alternates, but they are never FSN South. My neighbor (RIGHT next door) has D* and he gets FSN South as his primary.

Regardless, if this package was going to start having blacked out games subs should have been notified before the season began and asked if they still wanted to purchase, the package has already gotten watered down the last couple of years, this makes it worth about $40, not $150 or more. :nono:

#6 OFFLINE   John W

John W

Icon

• Registered
  • 542 posts

Posted 07 December 2006 - 06:13 PM

Where you able to watch either the Texas A&M / LSU or the Col of Charl / South Carolina game? These were not listed on my alternate RSN and the higher channel FC game was blacked out for me. I looked up the Full Court schedule ESPN.com and both of those games listed Fox Sports South as the originating network and had a blackout map link that showed my area as blacked out with a note saying it should be available locally. The problem is that E* never has FSN South on my guide, I always get FSN Ohio with some alternates, but they are never FSN South. My neighbor (RIGHT next door) has D* and he gets FSN South as his primary.

Regardless, if this package was going to start having blacked out games subs should have been notified before the season began and asked if they still wanted to purchase, the package has already gotten watered down the last couple of years, this makes it worth about $40, not $150 or more. :nono:

I agree.I was able to see those and haven't seen anything FC blacked out this year.I'm in Northern Indiana.

spam firewall