Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

DIRECTV announces Exclusive Nascar deal

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Satelliteracer

Satelliteracer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,042 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 12:52 AM

directv.com/hotpass

or this

nbcsports.com/nascar/534676/detail.html

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   toad57

toad57

Legend

• Registered
  • 184 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 05:19 PM

OK, based on this picture at FoxSports, my DirecTivos aren't going to get the job done - they need to have the "interactive" features of a newer receiver, right?

Are their particular models of non-DVR D* receviers that will do the job if I want to order & use the HotPass features?

Thanks!

#3 OFFLINE   jonaswan2

jonaswan2

Icon

• Registered
  • 895 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 05:27 PM

D10 and the D11, you'll probably get a D11.

#4 OFFLINE   toad57

toad57

Legend

• Registered
  • 184 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 05:45 PM

D10 and the D11, you'll probably get a D11.

Is there a term in the DirecTV vernacular for the 'features' that permit this kind of interactive interaction? I've only used the DTivos (enhanced for network access, multi-room viewing, etc.) and the HotPass service is the first thing that I have wanted to subscribe to that the DTivos won't handle.

Oh, I suppose an R15 DVR would work too, but I'm not anxious to get one of those just for this purpose.

#5 OFFLINE   harsh

harsh

Beware the Attack Basset

• Registered
  • 19,418 posts
  • LocationSalem, OR

Posted 06 December 2006 - 05:59 PM

Is there a term in the DirecTV vernacular for the 'features' that permit this kind of interactive interaction?

From the DirecTV website:

*Interactive capabilities only available to DIRECTV Receiver model D10 or later.

So the answer to your question (or what to look for in the specifications) is "interactive".

Protected By... spam firewall...And...