Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

What is OTA and why should I get it ?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
26 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   SNAP

SNAP

AllStar

• Registered
  • 57 posts

Posted 08 December 2006 - 02:47 PM

Thanks Bob.

Currently I have my OTA antenna plugged into the back of the receiver which is not an ATSC tuner. The TV has an ATSC tuner so to watch HD I have to hit the antenna button on the remote to switch from cable to antenna and then have to go into the menu for the TV and change that from cable to antenna. Will having the the H20 receiver, since it has an ATSC tuner, make that process any simpler??

Thanks,
Steve

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   Radio Enginerd

Radio Enginerd

Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07

• Registered
  • 2,877 posts

Posted 08 December 2006 - 03:51 PM

Thanks Bob.

Currently I have my OTA antenna plugged into the back of the receiver which is not an ATSC tuner. The TV has an ATSC tuner so to watch HD I have to hit the antenna button on the remote to switch from cable to antenna and then have to go into the menu for the TV and change that from cable to antenna. Will having the the H20 receiver, since it has an ATSC tuner, make that process any simpler??

Thanks,
Steve

MUCH simpler! Your HD OTA will appear in the normal guide of the H20 or HR20.

No buttons to push or settings to change.
If you put your mind to it you can accomplish anything.
- Emmett "Doc" Brown

DirecTV since 2006
My Setup (updated Q4 2011) - LINK

#23 OFFLINE   SNAP

SNAP

AllStar

• Registered
  • 57 posts

Posted 08 December 2006 - 03:57 PM

Thanks again.........HDTV is all new to me.

#24 OFFLINE   Radio Enginerd

Radio Enginerd

Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07

• Registered
  • 2,877 posts

Posted 08 December 2006 - 04:06 PM

Thanks again.........HDTV is all new to me.

Me too. I've had it since September. It's like getting broadband... Once you go forward you can never go back!
If you put your mind to it you can accomplish anything.
- Emmett "Doc" Brown

DirecTV since 2006
My Setup (updated Q4 2011) - LINK

#25 OFFLINE   SNAP

SNAP

AllStar

• Registered
  • 57 posts

Posted 08 December 2006 - 09:01 PM

Exactly........DTV is installing the HD dish on Sunday but since last Saturday[when I realized that I should connect my Terk TV25 to the receiver's ant. input and put the plasma on ant. input and started moving the TV25 around behind the TV and all of a sudden the Army-Navy game came in so clear like I was looking out my window, I was hooked. The only thing I cant do w/the antenna set up is hook the audio up to the amp for 5.1....but that'll end on Sunday too. The antenna will stay behind the TV until I install my TV35 on the roof. I think I'll ask the DTV guys if they'll do it.

QUOTE=Radio Enginerd;745962]Me too. I've had it since September. It's like getting broadband... Once you go forward you can never go back![/QUOTE]

#26 OFFLINE   joed32

joed32

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,554 posts

Posted 09 December 2006 - 12:06 PM

I live in Riverside and usa an RCA from Home Depot, they have 2 so get the better one. I think it was $69 when I bought it. Also need a mount and a pole. All I use it for is PBS (great picture) and channel 4's weather sub channel. To me it isn't a MUST have, just a nice add on. You have to decide for yourself if it's worth the effort.

#27 OFFLINE   SNAP

SNAP

AllStar

• Registered
  • 57 posts

Posted 10 December 2006 - 09:56 AM

Godfather,

The DTV tech is here now. I have a Terk TV35....I'll ask him to install it on the dish so I can get the locals that arent available on DTV....any tips on how much I should give him??..Any tips I should know to ask him??

Thanks,
Steve

Me too. I've had it since September. It's like getting broadband... Once you go forward you can never go back!

spam firewall