Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HR20 Troubleshooting Guide

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
28 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   SiCHIPS

SiCHIPS

• Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 06:34 AM

DirecTV is now acknowledging the problem (at least Customer Retention is) and is working on a solution. We agreed to give them 10 days to work on it before i get another tech to come out and see it for themselves that the problem is still there.

So be it. In the meantime, the problem now clearly occurs at 7:02am instead of 8:12am. I seriously hope that this time change is not the solution!

It has been offered that MAYBE the problem has to do with when the de-encryption codes are being sent down to the box. This sounds logical and may be a plausible explanation. How it gets fixed is unknow.

I observed the SAME problem when I used the PPV download of the DaVinci code this past weekend so beware, it is definely ON ALL CHANNELS (or should I say ALL feeds from DirecTV satellites.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   pelican_89

pelican_89

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 03:45 PM

I had this problem w/ a new HR20 that a tech installed, however that was minor.The major problem was the tv screen said "no signal on tuner 2" and no signal on the sat. test. I recorded 2 different chans. @ the same time and they recorded ok. I called D* and they overnighted me a new HR20 which is working ok .

#23 OFFLINE   Technik

Technik

• Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 09:15 AM

Since the Networking thread is closed, hopefully someone can help me with this.
I have tried everything in the forum to get my HR20-100 to give me the "Music and Photos" menu. I can connect to my network, but not to D*. Do I need to "opt-in" to get the menus enabled. I have a WMP server running and my firewall sees the HR20. I have tried both DHCP and fixed IP addresses. Both ports on the HR20 behave the same way. Which one is truly the active port, bottom or top?
Thanks.

#24 OFFLINE   harsh

harsh

Beware the Attack Basset

• Registered
  • 18,701 posts
  • LocationSalem, OR

Posted 09 May 2007 - 09:25 AM

I have tried everything in the forum to get my HR20-100 to give me the "Music and Photos" menu.

Have you confirmed that the HR20-100 software supports this feature?

#25 OFFLINE   Technik

Technik

• Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 10:06 AM

Have you confirmed that the HR20-100 software supports this feature?

I "assume" it does as there are posts from people using both the -100 and -700. The -100 is running 0x146, which is current.

#26 OFFLINE   denvermtnguy

denvermtnguy

Mentor

• Registered
  • 45 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 11:51 AM

I mentioned yesterday that I was going to start a troubleshooting guide. I asked for PMs for solutions, etc. but didn't get any...

So, I've created a document with the only trouble I've encountered (and its solution).

You can check out the currently VERY short document at this location:
http://iacas.org/hr20_trouble.pdf

If you have any additional information re: troubleshooting (problem and solution), please contact me via email or private message.

Thank you.

The Guide is titled "HR20-700S"; is there one for the HR20-100?

It's excellent!

#27 OFFLINE   amfbob

amfbob

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 09:33 AM

:mad: My HR 20 is getting worse by the day. So far a few times it wouldn't come on with remote or manually on front of box. Lately, almost everytime I am watching something taped it freezes and I continually have to reboot! Took 3.5 hrs. to watch a 2 hr. movie. Sometimes programs do not tape. Shows taped at whenever but when I try to replay it it's lost. I have pressed reset and removed plug from outlet several times but it eventually does the same things all over again. When frozen I tried to advance it by ff and sometimes it works and sometimes it goes to reboot on it's own! This a daily problem. Waiting for Directv techs. Maybe a software problem they said. I think it's time for a new DVR which is leased anyhow. Their systems were down at Directv today, however, when I called.

#28 OFFLINE   gpman

gpman

• Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 09:05 AM

how can i bring back original soft ware for hr20-100 .
problems with latest 18a !

#29 OFFLINE   CalmWind

CalmWind

• Registered
  • 52 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 10:53 AM

I haven't noticed it, but it might be nice to have a sample signal strength matrix so you could see what you should expect on a normal or acceptable install for the different satellites. Notes could be used to point out differences on certain satellites if necessary for different parts of the country.

A note such as the minimum acceptable signal strength for good reception would help explain some problems folks might have.

You certainly have already helped me during my self install with your guide.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...