Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

NYC Installer needed (5lnb Slimline dish)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   byron

byron

Icon

• Registered
  • 968 posts

Posted 10 December 2006 - 08:05 PM

Directv has sent out 3 installers to try and get this dish aligned properly and they can't get it right..... the dish is on a non-penetrating mount on the rooftop of my apt. i don't have the equipment (signal meter) to do the alignment myself, so if anyone knows a good tech that i can contact directly i would appreciate it very much. alternatively if anyone has the equipment and would be willing to give me a hand that would be very very much appreciated.

the problem is that the signal on the 110 sat 12 transponder is flaky and all over the board. right now its showing a 45 on the HR20 signal meter (transponders 8 & 10 are 80+). i've had the LNB replaced, checked all the cables and took the multiswitch out of the equation (plugged IRD directly into the sat line to the LNB). the problem comes and goes to say the least. it might be ok for 24 hours and then drop for a couple days and then back to normal.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   byron

byron

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 968 posts

Posted 11 December 2006 - 10:02 AM

no one?

I've called the three installers i found via http://www.dbsinstall.com as well as Robert at VE and seeing as how none of them are actually in Manhattan the service call is ~$250. surely there are installers that are located in the city.

#3 OFFLINE   byron

byron

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 968 posts

Posted 11 December 2006 - 10:42 AM

just called D* retention again and explained the situation to a very understand CSR and she agreed to honor the $250 service call from one of Robert's (VE) technicians and credit my account accordingly. she said to call back after the technician finishes the job and give them the total and they would apply the credit.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...