Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

For those of you that were on the HD-DVR wait list, and have already been contacted:

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Milkman

Milkman

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,055 posts

Posted 11 December 2006 - 12:40 PM

When you received the call, did it sound like it was from America or India? I received a call today, which had a horrible connection. The guy sounded like he was from India, and I was SURE he said he was from DirecTV.

Please let me know. Also, how long were you on the wait list before you got the call?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 30,092 posts

Posted 11 December 2006 - 12:44 PM

What difference does it make if it was an "on-shore" or "off-shore" call center?
Earl - Gotta Love Karma

DIRECTV employee since April 2008.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#3 OFFLINE   moonman

moonman

Icon

• Registered
  • 798 posts

Posted 11 December 2006 - 01:18 PM

When you received the call, did it sound like it was from America or India? I received a call today, which had a horrible connection. The guy sounded like he was from India, and I was SURE he said he was from DirecTV.

Please let me know. Also, how long were you on the wait list before you got the call?

----------------
I was on the list for 3 weeks. Sadly for me, my Privacy Director service from
my telco, dumped the call, so I was unable to confirm what the call was.
I called D*'s cust. service & they were able to confirm a call-back to me
a week earlier, but could not confirm just what the call was. Just call them,
and tell them that you were unable to find out if the call was your official
notification, but you are on the list. They will work with you to get you "hooked up":)

#4 OFFLINE   Tom1222

Tom1222

• Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 December 2006 - 01:25 PM

I have been on the waitlist for about 6 weeks now and I got tired of waiting so I saw "ONE" HR-20 sitting at my local Best Buy and grabbed it. Just hooked it up today and so far so good. I don't have the 5 LNB Dish but when I called DTV they said they would give me one for free incl installation plus give me 4 months of HD Service for free. I have the 3 LNB and so far so good. I get all the HD Channels except for the Local channels. Actually, I don't get any of the local channels at this time. Maybe I have to call back and make sure they activate them
on this new receiver.

I hope it doesn't turn out as bad as everyone says it is. This thing cost me $299.99 plus Tax. Minus a 12% off coupon I had from Best Buys. Still a lot of money. Lets see if it was worth it.

#5 OFFLINE   moonman

moonman

Icon

• Registered
  • 798 posts

Posted 11 December 2006 - 01:43 PM

I have the 3 LNB and so far so good. I get all the HD Channels except for the Local channels. Actually, I don't get any of the local channels at this time. Maybe I have to call back and make sure they activate them
on this new receiver.

--------------------
Customers who subscribe to a programming package that includes local channels receive both the standard-definition and HD signals at no extra monthly charge. You need to order your local channels with them, then
you will get ch. 6-13-59 and Comcast SportsNet Chicago in H/D. free.
EDIT: You will also need the AT-9 dish or slimline Dish(5LNB) to receive the locals in MPEG4

#6 OFFLINE   Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 30,092 posts

Posted 11 December 2006 - 02:35 PM

I hope it doesn't turn out as bad as everyone says it is. This thing cost me $299.99 plus Tax. Minus a 12% off coupon I had from Best Buys. Still a lot of money. Lets see if it was worth it.

Call DirecTV and see if they will give you the credits to match the original offer they gave you.
Earl - Gotta Love Karma

DIRECTV employee since April 2008.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#7 OFFLINE   Milkman

Milkman

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2,055 posts

Posted 11 December 2006 - 04:56 PM

Sorry I didn't post the whole story. As far as the question "why does it matter", because the guy said he was going to call me back, and never did (because of the bad connection).

I am just praying I didn't miss my opportunity to get the HD-DVR because of a bad connection from India.

As to answer your question from a different angle, it is reasons like this (bad connections, can't understand the people), that I don't like dealing with India support at all (nor do most people).

EDIT: I did call DirecTV earlier today, as suggested. They couldn't confirm if that call was from them, and gave me the phone number to reserve an HD box. They were completely useless, and couldn't tell me anything.

#8 OFFLINE   TheMoose

TheMoose

Icon

• Registered
  • 763 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 11 December 2006 - 04:57 PM

I don't know where the call originated but my notification was a recording.

"Racing is . . . . . . . . Life . . . . . . . Everything before & after is just waiting"

spam firewall