Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Update on Windows Media and DirecTV Integration

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   iacas

iacas

DBSTalk Club Member

• Registered
  • 250 posts

Posted 11 December 2006 - 03:33 PM

Read the full interview here: http://www.engadget....elfiore-part-i/ .

I've quoted what I think is the relevant portion:

SS: DirecTV… Will this also be in the Vista timeframe?

JB: We haven’t announced the specific timeframe around when the DirecTV products will be available. The team is working super hard right now with DirecTV. We’re absolutely well in progress of getting this done. However, we don’t yet have everything figured out to the degree that we’re ready to tell a date, but once we get there we know that people are super excited about it – we’ll let you know.

SS: OK so we won’t talk dates. We’ll talk product; will it be a similar product to OpenCable?

JB: The basic idea is very similar, which is that you can get essentially a receiver device that is a DirecTV receiver and connect it through some digital connection to your PC. [Doing so] lets you get all the great value from the DirecTV service, including High-Definition. If you subscribe to NFL Sunday Ticket, you’ll be able to get that. All that good stuff.

Erik J. Barzeski
Personal Blog | Golf Site

My Equipment:
HR20 hooked to Sony 60" HDTV, Pittsburgh Locals, HD Package
HR21 hooked to a Vizio 37" HDTV in the bedroom[/size]

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   ouijal

ouijal

Legend

• Registered
  • 216 posts

Posted 11 December 2006 - 04:08 PM

sign me up! Sunday Ticket and promises of MCE integration are the only thing that has kept me with D* through the hr20 ordeal.

#3 OFFLINE   steveschauer

steveschauer

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 16 posts

Posted 11 December 2006 - 04:13 PM

Posted Mar 2nd 2006 10:35PM by Peter Rojas

How is this an update? It was posted 9 months ago.

#4 OFFLINE   brewer4

brewer4

DBSTalk Club Member

• Registered
  • 367 posts

Posted 11 December 2006 - 04:20 PM

I wont believe this will happen until it does. I have a Vista 64 bit Media Center connected to my Xbox 360s and would love to do direct capturing but I am not holding my breath. Especially with the Liberty deal. Who the heck knows what this new management is going to do to ongoing wish lists.
The Meaning of Life...

Well there's nothing really special

Try to be nice to people, avoid eating fat, read a good book every now and then, get some walking in,
and try to live together in peace and harmony with all people of creeds and nations.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...