Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Retentions #? The one I have is no longer it!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
28 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Wolffpack

Wolffpack

Banned User

• Banned User
  • 4,642 posts

Posted 11 December 2006 - 11:11 PM

When my service goes out in a heavy rain storm, I call and demand free HBO.

Completely LAME and why we honest folks pay what we do. You don't like rain, get friggen cable. Maybe that's why the number was turned off and why they should just start telling folks to get cable. Totally LAME.

EDIT: ****ing cheap ****s!
Series 2 DTivos 6.2 x 5
Series 2.5 DTivos 6.1a x 2
HR10-250s 6.3b: x 2

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   AnonomissX

AnonomissX

Godfather

• Registered
  • 432 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 11 December 2006 - 11:28 PM

Completely LAME and why we honest folks pay what we do. You don't like rain, get friggen cable. Maybe that's why the number was turned off and why they should just start telling folks to get cable. Totally LAME.

Easy there Wolffpack, I'm waiting for the time my former status as a tech support rep for Directv falls off the main page of notes, so I can call in myself and weasel a few more freebies:lol: :lol: :lol:
~Melodie~ Aka AnonomissX

If you have a question, I may or may not have an answer.

"Fat people are harder to Kidnap" :lol:

#23 OFFLINE   Jeremy W

Jeremy W

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,447 posts

Posted 11 December 2006 - 11:34 PM

Jesus, I was just kidding.

#24 OFFLINE   Wolffpack

Wolffpack

Banned User

• Banned User
  • 4,642 posts

Posted 11 December 2006 - 11:56 PM

Jesus, I was just kidding.

I apologize. Typically folks will add a ;) or :rolleyes: or :eek2: or :nono2: or :sure: or :P when they make a statement like that and are kidding. Sorry that I got that wrong. Came in late to the thread and simply read what you posted. No harm?

One of the problems that exist with boards versus real conversations.

OTOH, I bet there are folks that do just what you described.
Series 2 DTivos 6.2 x 5

#25 OFFLINE   Wolffpack

Wolffpack

Banned User

• Banned User
  • 4,642 posts

Posted 11 December 2006 - 11:58 PM

Easy there Wolffpack, I'm waiting for the time my former status as a tech support rep for Directv falls off the main page of notes, so I can call in myself and weasel a few more freebies:lol: :lol: :lol:

Obviously an overreaction on Wolffpacks part. :bonk1:
Series 2 DTivos 6.2 x 5

#26 OFFLINE   Jeremy W

Jeremy W

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,447 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 12:02 AM

Typically folks will add a ;) or :rolleyes: or :eek2: or :nono2: or :sure: or :P when they make a statement like that and are kidding. Sorry that I got that wrong. Came in late to the thread and simply read what you posted. No harm?

I figured it would be obvious with the talk before it, but I guess that doesn't work if you weren't reading the talk before it. ;)

No harm.

#27 OFFLINE   Capmeister

Capmeister

Large Hairless ApeCutting Edge: ECHELON '08

• DBSTalk Club
  • 5,200 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 07:19 AM

When my service goes out in a heavy rain storm, I call and demand free HBO.

I call and demand visits by supermodels. It has yet to happen, but I keep trying.
--Cap

-------------------------
TVSHOWBOARDS.COM

#28 OFFLINE   bidger

bidger

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,935 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 07:49 AM

On a related note, I call & demand the re-broadcast of the Victoria's Secret Holiday Special in HD because I forgot to record it last week and that MUST be DirecTV's fault! Grrrr..... ;)
TiVo HD (upgraded to 500 GB), Cisco Tuning Adapter 1520, TWC Digital Explorer Pak and Turbo Internet, TC-P50U50, SONY NSZ-GT1 BD player and Google TV box, Yamaha RX-V373 A/V receiver, Squeezebox Duet music streaming device

#29 OFFLINE   BillyT2002

BillyT2002

Legend

• Registered
  • 171 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 08:00 AM

I guess what I'm having trouble understanding...

... is why only a few months ago, they bothered to send me a card in the mail telling me what a "great" 5-star customer I am and how much they value my past and present patronship and yada-yada-yada. They listed the retention number right on the card and asked me to call it whenever I had troubles (which I hadn't really used until I wanted the HR20 and it only took me one call to get it).

Then, they remove the retention number altogether? It makes no sense.

If I have trouble with DirecTV in the future, I will just tell the front-line CSR who answers that I want to be transferred to a retention CSR so that I can quit my service. Sure, I'll be lying to them, but whatever... I don't care. I'm not about to waste my time explaining a problem to a monkey who has no capacity to understand it in the first place.

spam firewall