Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

New MS Office Program

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 11,499 posts

Posted 10 October 2002 - 08:54 PM

Stay tuned for Microsoft XDocs

http://www.microsoft...ocs/default.asp
Friends Don't Let Friends Subscribe To: Verizon Landline, Verizon DSL, Verizon Fios Phone, Verizon Fios Broadband, Verizon Fios TV, Verizon Wireless or Verizion Wireless Mobile Broadband
Keep America Beautiful, Ban Verizon From Your Home!
Down With Verizon!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   James_F

James_F

Damn you woman!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmatio
  • 5,205 posts

Posted 10 October 2002 - 10:42 PM

I wonder how Adobe will respond to this. Seems like it could be a Acrobat killer for the corporate world.

#3 OFFLINE   gcutler

gcutler

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,435 posts

Posted 11 October 2002 - 12:05 AM

Was Adobe such a powerhouse that MS set its targeting on them? Well I guess it was always MS dogma to go after any product that has high penetration. I know I read alot of PDF files, but never published them. If they werre XDOCS and just as readable I guess I wouldn't care (Except that Adobe was targeted just because they were successful and next time around what other company will it be in the sights of MS)
4900 on a SA TiVo and a 508

#4 OFFLINE   Rick_EE

Rick_EE

Godfather

• Registered
  • 498 posts

Posted 11 October 2002 - 07:01 AM

How is it an Acrobat killer?  It seems to be an XML tool.  Kind of like frontpage is for HTML.  How will that replace PDF's?

#5 OFFLINE   James_F

James_F

Damn you woman!

• 5,205 posts

Posted 11 October 2002 - 07:50 AM

Digital Documents? That is the future of Acrobat. My company uses Acrobat to "digitally sign" files. Looks like this program would replace our need to save word and excel documents as pdfs for signatures. Why would we need to use Acrobat for forms anymore with this program. And it would save use hundreds of dollars on Acrobat.... PDF is more than just a browser plugin....

#6 OFFLINE   Rick_EE

Rick_EE

Godfather

• Registered
  • 498 posts

Posted 11 October 2002 - 08:43 AM

I was wondering what other uses Acrobat has.  We only use it to send CAD prints that are not in native Autocad form. 

#7 OFFLINE   James_F

James_F

Damn you woman!

• 5,205 posts

Posted 11 October 2002 - 09:55 AM

Check this out..

http://www.adobe.com...amily/main.html

I agree with you in that this new format won't affect Acrobat for printing, but for all the other reasons its a killer.

spam firewall