Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Is this a good video card?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 10 February 2002 - 06:05 AM

Yesterday at a computer show I picked up a MSI GeForce 3 TI-200 with 64 MB of DDR for $159. Is that a good card for that price? I've been on the internet the last few days and everyone was saying how they like the TI chipset. I'm not really a heavy duty gamer but I do like flight sims and a few shoot-em-ups. This card also has a connection for a flat panel display which I will be getting in the future. Here are some of the specs:

nVidia® GeForce 3 Titanium 200 Chipset
64MB DDR SDRAM
4X AGP
256-bit Graphic Architecture GPU
1.4 Billion Texel /sec
6.4GB/sec Memory Bandwidth
175MHz Core Clock
400MHz Memory Speed
DVI-Out, optional TV-Out
MSI Live Update Series
MSI DVD, 3D!Turbo, Live Update Series
Supports Windows® 9x, ME, NT, 2000

More at this web site: www.msicomputer.com/produ...200Pro.htm

The card seems to be working great so far. I tried Microsoft flight sim 2002 out and graphics are rendered much more cleanly and quickly then my Creative Blaster Banshee did. Pretty happy with it but I guess I was wondering if I got a good buy.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 10 February 2002 - 09:36 AM

I'm really not familiar with that brand name, but any 64meg board that works for 159.00 is a good buy.:)

There are a few graphis boards out there that seem to have some conflicts with some hardware configurations, big name boards I might add, ATI Radeons stick out in my mind.
ATI's are good boards, it just time to time, they dont like a particular configuration.

#3 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 11 February 2002 - 07:11 PM

Ya! I'm not the biggest fan of nVidia chipsets myself (I like ATI better), but you got a GREAT price on that card! MSI is short for Microstar, and you probably recognize Microstar motherboards. They're a good company.

spam firewall