Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

56k tests my patience !!!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 03 February 2002 - 11:56 AM

I have to COMPLAIN today, its been about a 1 1/2 yr. now without my broadband connection and its frustrating to say the least.Take's me like 20 to 30 mins to download a 4 meg Mp3......*sheeeesh*

I used to live in a Time Warner service area and had roadrunner as an internet provider.....it sure was nice.
My wife and I decided it was time to move, we could now afford a nicer home and we could move into a better school district for our children.Thats where broadband ended!!:mad:

Its Febuary 3 2002, and my new area still has no Cable modem service or am I able to get DSL. Satellite is NOT an option at the moment, because I enjoy online gaming and satellite service has to many latency issues.

For you people that forgot what its like, above is a reminder, don't complain to me about your cable modem service.......:)

I feel better now.
Thanks for listening :)

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 03 February 2002 - 12:19 PM

I know what you mean, I was on a 28K connection from 1995-1997, in 1997 I replaced the cheapa*s 28K modem in my old IBM with a 33K, hey not much faster, but I got the modem for free. Then in 12/99 whnn I got this computer, it came with 56K as all computers from 1998+ did/do. I downloaded Dragula by Rob Zombie the other day and it took over an hour for a 3.3MB MP3. TW offers RoardRunner but, I never want to do business with the AOL-TW regime again, Verizon is my phone co but I live over 15 miles from my CO. Like my profile on all thses bulitian boards say I live in a small rural town, we dont have a gas station, traffic light or any real stores in this town so I can never expect to see a Verizon CO here unless I move. DBS internet would be nice, but cost for hardware and service is a bit much. So I guess I will be on Earthlink DUN for the foreseable future :(

#3 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 04 February 2002 - 03:13 PM

Of course I just smiled and said "Does a Chicken have lips". Which of course I don't really know if a chicken does have lips. But I told him they would have to pry my DSL from my cold dead hands to get it away from me. And the fact that the coworker can now get rid of his second phone line makes them even happier with the decision they are going to make.

spam firewall