Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Dolby Headphone Rocks!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 07 December 2001 - 10:46 PM

If you pick up the DVD of Pearl Harbor you will notice that on the audio menu there is a feature called Dolby Headphone. It's a separate track that simulates the Dolby 5.1 surround experience in a pair of regular headphones. I was very skeptical at first but after trying it out I was absolutely amazed! It really does sound like you are sitting in a Dolby Digital surround theater.

If you have this DVD, check it out and let me know what you think. I have been hearing gimmicky simulated surround stuff for years but this one is actually the real deal. Very cool!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 08 December 2001 - 04:00 PM

Got Pearl Harbor today from Sams Club for $15. But its a Christmas gift and I got the last one they had. I looked at KMart but they wanted $23. But I get Pearl Harbor sooner or later.

Steve

#3 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 20 December 2001 - 05:04 PM

Steve,

This was before your time, but I had a quadraphonic sound system in the early 70's. It came with a quad headset which actually had front and rear drivers for each ear. A little "joystick" device on the receiver controlled the balance among the four channels.

I used to have fun making myself dizzy by twirling the joystick while wearing the headphones. :)

spam firewall