Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Hardware/Software versions

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   SanDiegoPaul

SanDiegoPaul

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 26 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 12:40 PM

I see references on the forum here about software version numbers. How can I tell what my 622 is using?
Mitsubishi Diamond 65" HDTV
Denon Surround Sound
Polk Audio 5.1 Speaker System
(retired) Generation 1 Tivo
California Property Taxes
San Diego Weather
YadaYadaYada

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Rob Glasser

Rob Glasser

Hall Of Fame

• Super Moderators
  • 3,053 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 12:45 PM

You can press Menu twice and it will take you to the system information screen. You also can get to this screen by hitting info on the front panel when your 622 is in standby.
Rob

DISH Hopper, Hopper w/Sling, & Joey User

#3 OFFLINE   SanDiegoPaul

SanDiegoPaul

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 26 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 02:07 PM

You can press Menu twice and it will take you to the system information screen. You also can get to this screen by hitting info on the front panel when your 622 is in standby.

Thanks Rob! :D
Denon Surround Sound
San Diego Weather
YadaYadaYada

#4 OFFLINE   BobaBird

BobaBird

EKB Editor

• Registered
  • 4,022 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 06:08 PM

Stick around to watch the forum light up when the next version comes down! You can also check out ViP622 Software History on the EKB.
Charles @dishuser - a dynamic employee of Massive Veridian
Visit the EchoStar Knowledge Base
"The other guys charge $9.95/month to use tapeless record" - Dish Network Tech Forum, 8-6-01
"dual" is NOT the same as "Twin" - here's why

#5 OFFLINE   jmel

jmel

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 24 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 09:12 PM

ViP622 DVR-HD -------| S/W Ver: L365RBDD-N -| Boot Strap: 1711RBDD

I noticed my bootstrap is 1711 not 1710, just had dish installed today.

#6 OFFLINE   bhoth

bhoth

• Registered
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 12:07 PM

Just signed up last Saturday, April 14th, 2007

Software is: L403RBGD-N
Bootstrap is: 1711RBGD-N

#7 OFFLINE   SanDiegoPaul

SanDiegoPaul

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 26 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 03:39 PM

Just signed up last Saturday, April 14th, 2007

Software is: L403RBGD-N
Bootstrap is: 1711RBGD-N

Same here.:rolleyes:
Denon Surround Sound
San Diego Weather
YadaYadaYada

#8 OFFLINE   MattH

MattH

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 12:45 AM

I'm now on my third replacement VIP-622 (fourth in six mmonths) after my original VIP-622 started having HDMI problems about two months ago. The same problem is occurring again, as it has on each and every remanufactued replacement I've received. I have to completely reboot the DVR every time I turn on the TV. Otherwise, no video - only audio. This may seem trivial, but when you're in the middle of recording a show and you have to sht the whole unit down (which stops recording) and wait five minutes why your DVR finds the satellites, etc., it gets annoying. And when your angry wife is bithing at you every time you go thorough this, because you were the idiot who switched to Dish Network from DirectTV in the first place, it gets even more annoying.

Anyways, Dish Network told me it was a software problem, but I've seen postings on this forum going back several years, describing the very same problem I'm having. Certainly, if it were a software issue, they'd have resolved it by now.

So, my question for anyone who might know is, would a new VIP-622 resolve this HDMI problem? The replacements I keep receiving are remanufactured units. It stands to reason that maybe these older units have HDMI problems that a brand new "hot off the production line" unit wouldn't have - doesn't it?

Secondly, if Dish has knows about this problem for years, as this forum would suggest, why haven't they resolved it by now? It seems like they (Dish Network) are just asking for some lawyer's going to get wind of this and put together a great class action lawsuit.

I don't mean to bash Dish Network or the VIP-622. I think it's great machine and I loved it for the first six months, when all worked okay. But I would really, really, really just like some straight answers out of them, and a timeframe when they will resolve. Regardless of whether this is really a software issue or a hardware issue, it's still not been resolved after three years. If I were in charge, heads whould be rolling by now.

#9 OFFLINE   tomcrown1

tomcrown1

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,576 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 01:14 AM

Call tech support again and state you wan a new unit as on the Tech forum the did state their was a hardware problem with the old 622 motherboard which ave been corrected.
Welcome to Dish the new AT&T

:) life is to to to short so be???

#10 OFFLINE   ChuckA

ChuckA

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,010 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 06:06 AM

Obviously it is a hardware problem. No one can tell you if a new unit will last longer than a referb but it is logical, and possible. You are a bit off on the time line however. The 622 has only been available for 16 months now. It has not been around for three years.
Receivers: ViP622 (dual mode), ViP722k (single mode), 311
Dish 1000
America's "Everything" Pack & HD
TV1: SONY 55" KDF-55WF655; HDMI & Components connections
OTA Antenna in attic
PocketDish AV700E

Protected By... spam firewall...And...