Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Windows Media Help!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   neomdz8

neomdz8

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 04:14 AM

Hi, I have a HR20 Connected to a Netgear Wireless gaming adapter and my Linksys router recognizes it in the DCHP Client table. Two problems I’m having are Windows media player is not picking the HR20 in the media sharing window_I disabled my firewall_and the HR20 doesn’t have the media screen on the menu. And is the current software x119 i think thats the number. My computer is a regular Windows Media Center ’05 non-VIIV is that the problem? HELP! Thanks!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   chicago_cws

chicago_cws

Mentor

• Registered
  • 36 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 10:16 AM

There are a number of threads you can sort through on this.

A couple of things.

Did you complete the network setup on the HR20?

I have recently seen some weird behavior where I needed to "Restore Defaults" on the HR20, reset the gaming adaptor, then restart the HR20 and go through the HR20 network setup again.

There are three system services on the computer that need to be running, under Control Panel/Perf + Maintenance/Administrative/Services

I think they are
SSDP Discovery Service
Universal Plug and Play Device Host
Windows Media Player Network Sharing

Oh, you need to be on Media Player 11 also.

You might try some things such as going into your router admin tools to make sure that the HR20 is up on the network and has been given an IP address (DHCP listing).

And please don't leave your firewall disabled for this, it will work with the firewall. OK for debugging but please don't leave it off.

#3 OFFLINE   Woody_1

Woody_1

AllStar

• Registered
  • 87 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 12:17 PM

Speaking of WM 11.
I need some help editing items in a play list.
For practice I made a playlist of all photos and songs added in 2006.
That part works fine.
I can start the photos on the HR 20, then switch over to the songs and have them both playing.

There are pictures in the playlist that I want to remove.
I can't figure out how to actually see the picture (on the PC), and have an option to remove it at the same time.
I do the "edit in list view" and can certainly remove the pictures, but I have to know the number of the one I want to remove.
It would seem that I should be able to have a preview of the picture in the left pane, and select it in the right pane (list view of the playlist) and remove.

Anyone know how to view the pictures and remove them from the playlist?
Thanks!

Protected By... spam firewall...And...