Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

help me if you can

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   tigerl78

tigerl78

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 12:34 AM

I am trying to find out if anyone can help me out with trying to program my dish dvr remote (#2) to my durabrand tv, it is a product of Walmart, and I have found out that Funai is the one now making them. But nobody can help me to find the code to program the remote to it. I thank you for your time. :confused:

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   harsh

harsh

Beware the Attack Basset

• Registered
  • 17,829 posts
  • LocationSalem, OR

Posted 22 January 2007 - 12:38 AM

I am trying to find out if anyone can help me out with trying to program my dish dvr remote (#2) to my durabrand tv, it is a product of Walmart, and I have found out that Funai is the one now making them.

Have you tried the code scan?

Walmart is known to get the manufacturer to change to more "popular" codes. The last Walmart TV I had to deal with actually had been revised to use Sony codes.

#3 OFFLINE   Frostwolf

Frostwolf

Legend

• Registered
  • 151 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 05:52 PM

Have you tried the code scan?

Walmart is known to get the manufacturer to change to more "popular" codes. The last Walmart TV I had to deal with actually had been revised to use Sony codes.

Found on a wiki
"Durabrand is a chain of different manufacturers. Durabrand is chained with Lenoxx Sound, Alco, Funai (which would also include Emerson, Sylvania, and Symphonic), Orion, Maxell, Resonance, Initial Technology, and many other different companies"

You can rule out Lennox http://lenoxx.com/DU...abrand_page.htm

and I found this in another forum "I am not sure who makes it but I do have a phone # that you can call and TRY to get help but good luck in that. All I got was alot of nothing.
1-800-252-6123 That is the # for customer service, make sure that you have the s/n # and the model # or you wont get anywhere."

don't know if that number is still good

But I saved the best for last, according to wiki "Televisions were sourced from Orion, now currently sourced from Funai Electric." Orion made the emerson brand too, so try those codes. Good luck
"I used to think that it was awful that life was so unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair, and all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So, now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe." ~ Marcus Cole

#4 OFFLINE   jarvantgroup

jarvantgroup

Icon

• Registered
  • 546 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 09:43 PM

I am trying to find out if anyone can help me out with trying to program my dish dvr remote (#2) to my durabrand tv, it is a product of Walmart, and I have found out that Funai is the one now making them. But nobody can help me to find the code to program the remote to it. I thank you for your time. :confused:

Hold your TV button down at the top of the remote until all four buttons across the top illuminate. Press the orange power button near the top of the remote. If you have a newer remote with two orange buttons, press the one without the TV letters. Press the 'channel up' button slowly until the TV turns off. Then press the pound key to set that code in the remote. You may have to search through a hundred or so codes until you find the right on. Its common for the codes in the manual to not work for a certain brand, but later find a code that works by doing the code search. :icon_cool

spam firewall