Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HR20 Connected to the Internet, HELP.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   tech7021

tech7021

• Registered
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 05:07 PM

OK, so I connected my HR20 to my d-Link router, the same router the other 2 PC's in my house are connected to. The HR20 says it is connected and I went through all of the set-up's and they all came back "Congratulations" or" Connected". But after that I was using my PC and it lost Internet connection. An error came up and said that it had an IP conflict with another PC on my router. I would assume it was the HR20, so I disconnected the other computer I have on the network, then tried again. I still have the same problem:( . Then I reset the router and my cable modem. It cleared up the problem for a few minutes, and then it came back again. For now I have to leave my HR20 disconnected from the Internet in order to keep an Internet connection on my PC's.
Is there something I am doing wrong?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   litzdog911

litzdog911

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,685 posts
  • LocationMill Creek, WA

Posted 30 January 2007 - 05:59 PM

Is your router configured to automatically assign IP addresses to your PCs, or are you using fixed IP addresses? You might be having an IP address conflict if your HR20 is assigned the same address being used by one of your PCs.
HD DVRs: HR34-700; HR24-500; (2) HR20-700 + WD eSATA 1TB drive/Antec MX1 case; HR21-700; HR21-200 w/AM21
Receivers: H25-500 HD Receiver; H21-100 HD Receiver
Mobile Devices: Nomad

Additional equipment configuration details

Sun & moon help site your satellite dish

#3 OFFLINE   Spanky_Partain

Spanky_Partain

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,499 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 06:15 PM

One thing to check is the router itself. Are you using DHCP? If so, make sure you have the Maximum number of DHCP users set high enough to accommodate all of your connections. It sounds like you have 2 PC's and 1 HR20. That would be 3 connections. Do you have a wireless router? If so, make sure no one outside is coming in and using up your DHCP set amount. Finally, check the log on your router for DHCP users and track down the MAC address. The MAC addresses should be different for each device requesting a IP address. If for some strange reason you have duplicate MAC addresses, that is your problem and it must be corrected. That is almost impossible for that to happen, but it can.

My first thought is that you are running out of DHCP alloted assignments and it needs to be increased. When that happens, the one looking to get an address can sometimes jump in and grab an already used IP.

-Mark-
"There's no place like 127.0.0.1 or ::127.0.0.1 or 0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1 or ::1!"
Support the DBSTalk forum, become a member, Click Here!
For Networking Help, Click Here!
For my setup, Click Here!
3/98

#4 OFFLINE   tech7021

tech7021

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 08:04 PM

Does this help any?
Posted Image

#5 OFFLINE   Spanky_Partain

Spanky_Partain

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,499 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 07:55 PM

Yes that helps a lot.

Your DHCP is set to give out 100 addresses. Probably a little excessive for a home network, but that is not the problem.

Next check the logs for which connections are showing and clear your DHCP table.

Edit
See if that fixes the problem. I am currently looking up the manual on this guy.

Edit:
Is the client list at the bottom of the page that you posted?
Do you see the IP address of the HR20?

-Mark-
"There's no place like 127.0.0.1 or ::127.0.0.1 or 0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1 or ::1!"
Support the DBSTalk forum, become a member, Click Here!
For Networking Help, Click Here!
For my setup, Click Here!
3/98

Protected By... spam firewall...And...