Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

DLB Support Group

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
52 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   jaywdetroit

jaywdetroit

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,308 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 02:57 PM

[Fun]

I need help.

I have been trying all day long to resist posting yet ANOTHER DLB thread. It's a losing battle.

Things have been quiet on the DLB front. Rumor is, its one the drawing board and under design now. I hate unconfirmed rumors. But I'll take this one.

What's a DLB fanboy to do? I noticed the Chat room gets little activity save for the nights a new build is in the pipe line.

It got me thinking. Maybe we need a DLB support group for all those souls wandering around aimlessly, walking into walls....

LOST - without their DLBs. We could call it "DLB Posters Anonymous"

We could meet once a week in the chat room and discuss our strategies for overcoming "DLB Dependency".

Then I got to thinking - What would it do for my recovery prospects, if as I suspect, I am the only one suffering from DLB dependency and no one else shows up?

Well okay - I'm sure at least JHeda will show, but who else?

[/fun]
JayW
- - - - - -
Please vote for this application

Samsung LCD
Stand Alone TiVo Premeire
and a TON of HD

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   bidger

bidger

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,946 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 03:21 PM

DLB? I haven't thought about since the NFL regular Season ended. I don't use if for regular TV shows, that's what Season Pass, Series Link, and the record button are for.

Ceton 6 tuner eth, Cisco Tuning Adapter 1520, TWC Digital Explorer Pak and Standard Internet, TiVo HD (upgraded to 500 GB) for OTA,TC-P50U50, SONY NSZ-GT1 BD player and Google TV box, Yamaha RX-V373 A/V receiver, Squeezebox Duet music streaming device, Xbox 360 

#3 OFFLINE   Tom Robertson

Tom Robertson

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,250 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 03:34 PM

"Hi, my name is JayW and I haven't posted a DLB post for 1 hour"

<everyone> Hi, JayW! :D

So JayW, when you get that craving for DLB and DLB postings, is it your mother or your father telling you to post? :) Are the voices telling you to just push that "Live TV" button? :)

Chris? Earl? Can we help a fellow dbstalker out and maybe use the chat room for the DLB support forum? :) We promise to clean up afterward...

We're here for you. Hang in there,
Tom

Go Packers!

My real treasures: 5 Grandchildren - S, D, M, M, C ; Now 5! Great-Grandtibbers - B, H, J, A, and M (Born 7/31/2011)

#4 OFFLINE   jaywdetroit

jaywdetroit

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,308 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 03:39 PM

"Hi, my name is JayW and I haven't posted a DLB post for 1 hour"

<everyone> Hi, JayW! :D

So JayW, when you get that craving for DLB and DLB postings, is it your mother or your father telling you to post? :) Are the voices telling you to just push that "Live TV" button? :)

Chris? Earl? Can we help a fellow dbstalker out and maybe use the chat room for the DLB support forum? :) We promise to clean up afterward...

We're here for you. Hang in there,
Tom

Tibber-

I am going to need an advocate....
JayW
- - - - - -

Samsung LCD
and a TON of HD

#5 OFFLINE   Tom Robertson

Tom Robertson

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,250 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 03:42 PM

Tibber-

I am going to need an advocate....

Would be an honor.

Go Packers!

My real treasures: 5 Grandchildren - S, D, M, M, C ; Now 5! Great-Grandtibbers - B, H, J, A, and M (Born 7/31/2011)

#6 OFFLINE   houskamp

houskamp

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,636 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 03:42 PM

2 HR-20s + programable remote = 90min DLBs :)

AKA: SMOKE
MRV was all that's left on my wishlist (wishlist done) :D

#7 OFFLINE   Tom Robertson

Tom Robertson

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,250 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 03:45 PM

2 HR-20s + programable remote = 90min DLBs :)

Yeah, but with only slight modifications 2 HR-10s is 2 90min DLBs for your PIP. :)

Go Packers!

#8 OFFLINE   redrocker

redrocker

AllStar

• Registered
  • 95 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 03:48 PM

I don't need sports to use DLBs.....I used it all the time & miss it very much! I also want to have instant 30 sec skip back! These are the two features that I used the most with the HR10 tivo. There are other features I wish the HR20 had also, but can live without if need be.
I will be a supporter of this thread.

#9 OFFLINE   mtnagel

mtnagel

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,015 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 03:49 PM

DLB? I haven't thought about since the NFL regular Season ended. I don't use if for regular TV shows, that's what Season Pass, Series Link, and the record button are for.

I agree, but I see no reason for them to not at it. As long as it doesn't come at the expense of stability/reliability first.
- Matt

#10 OFFLINE   markrubi

markrubi

Icon

• Registered
  • 692 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 03:50 PM

I sure do miss my DLB's . It's such a pain to press record on 2 channels to simulate DLB. And if you want to surf to a new channel you then need to stop recording on one of the tuners.

#11 OFFLINE   markrubi

markrubi

Icon

• Registered
  • 692 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 03:52 PM

my HR20 skips 30 seconds at a time with the press of a button.....

#12 OFFLINE   redrocker

redrocker

AllStar

• Registered
  • 95 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 03:54 PM

are you saying yours is instant or like really fast FF

#13 OFFLINE   wmschultz

wmschultz

DBSTalk Club Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 03:54 PM

But it isn't an "instant skip". It actually shows you the stuff you are skipping.

Splitting hairs, I know. I agree with you though.

#14 OFFLINE   markrubi

markrubi

Icon

• Registered
  • 692 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 03:55 PM

are you saying yours is instant or like really fast FF

You are right.. It's not as fast like the hr10's were... So it's more of a 30 second FF.

#15 OFFLINE   redrocker

redrocker

AllStar

• Registered
  • 95 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 03:57 PM

But it isn't an "instant skip". It actually shows you the stuff you are skipping.

Splitting hairs, I know. I agree with you though.

If it is not like tivo 30 sec skip it is like splitting a telephone book...not hairs.

#16 OFFLINE   wmschultz

wmschultz

DBSTalk Club Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 04:00 PM

Give the comparison a rest. How many actual DirecTivo owners out there no how to program the feature since it is "insider" information.

#17 OFFLINE   redrocker

redrocker

AllStar

• Registered
  • 95 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 04:06 PM

Give the comparison a rest. How many actual DirecTivo owners out there no how to program the feature since it is "insider" information.

Whatever! what rock have you been under? most tivo owners infact, do know how to program the remote for this feature.

#18 OFFLINE   Tom Robertson

Tom Robertson

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,250 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 04:12 PM

Whatever! what rock have you been under? most tivo owners infact, do know how to program the remote for this feature.

These the same VCR owners who couldn't set their clocks... :)

My Dad knows how, after I taught him. But he doesn't do DLB and frequently watches shows live so he can read the paper during commercials...

Cheers,
Tom

Go Packers!

#19 OFFLINE   jaywdetroit

jaywdetroit

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,308 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 04:29 PM

We are powerless over DLB
(repeat)

People we are all in the same boat, we don't come to these meetings to fight. :icon_an:
JayW
- - - - - -

Samsung LCD
and a TON of HD

#20 OFFLINE   wmschultz

wmschultz

DBSTalk Club Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 11:35 AM

These the same VCR owners who couldn't set their clocks... :)

My Dad knows how, after I taught him. But he doesn't do DLB and frequently watches shows live so he can read the paper during commercials...

Cheers,
Tom

I'm the only one in my family that knows how to program it. And I mean my entire extended family.

spam firewall