Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

DLB Support Group

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
52 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   bonscott87

bonscott87

Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07

• Registered
  • 9,809 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 08:07 AM

I don't miss DLB at all. I record my shows for later viewing. And I got used to no DLB during Sunday Ticket the past 4 years with a single tuner HD receiver.

I'd never be against adding it but it's not something I'd use. Sunday Ticket is the only time anyone in my family watches "live" TV.

#42 OFFLINE   richlife

richlife

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,060 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 09:02 AM

DLB was the FIRST thing I looked for when after getting the HR20. I was looking everywhere to find the functionality, searching for how to switch between two live channels in HR20 is how I found this forum in the first place!

BRING DLB to HR20!!! :eek2:

The first thing, the last thing, the one thing. I don't need DLB - I really don't. In fact, I only think about it when the tv is on. It starts as a passing thought, a twitch of the fingers for a button that isn't there. Then there's this nagging, this tearing of my attention trying to get a glimpse of that other world that I know can exist but somehow is beyond my reach. I find my fingers clutching the remote, knuckles turning bloodless, muscles cramping. Now it takes a concentrated force of will to watch the mindless single buffer worth of video. How ineffective to exercise all those Trick Plays with only the same record -- no magic to open that other world. By this time I'm almost desparate (although I know I don't really HAVE to have DLB) and start looking among the bottles (which my aching hands can hardly grasp), but the is no surcease. Even the numbing euphoria of fine bourbon doesn't possess the release that a simple button press can offer. I know I don't NEED DLB, but day by day, hour by hour, minute by minute, second by second, instant by instant the ache, the agony, the unrelenting power over my mind screams, screams, SCREAMS for DLB, DLB, DLB. :welcome: :welcome: :dance01: :dance01: :dance01:
Rich Beaudry
UNC Tar Heel '69, '75
Woodworker, grandfather, DirecTV 1994
Whole-Home Slimline w/ SWM.
A) HR20-700: NR 4aa; HDMI Audio: HDMI, TOSLINK. Res-1080i; Native- On; eSata-No; Remote-RF (2).
B) HR23-700: NR 4aa; Video&Audio HDMI. Res.-720p; Native-On; Network-No; eSata-No; Remote-IR.
C) H23-600: NR 0440; HDMI. Res.-1080p; Native-On; eSata-No; Remote-IR.
TVs: A) Sony 50" Rear Proj KDS50A2000 & VIZIO 22" LCD M220VA; B) Sony 37" Rear Proj KDF37H1000; C) Toshiba 40" LCD 40FT1U

#43 OFFLINE   BubblePuppy

BubblePuppy

Good night dear Smoke... love you & "got your butt...&a

• Registered
  • 5,262 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 09:32 AM

!rolling Way too funny.

My sentiments exactly.....

#44 OFFLINE   jheda

jheda

DBSTalk Club Member

• Registered
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 11:11 AM

I don't miss DLB at all. I record my shows for later viewing. And I got used to no DLB during Sunday Ticket the past 4 years with a single tuner HD receiver.

I'd never be against adding it but it's not something I'd use. Sunday Ticket is the only time anyone in my family watches "live" TV.

Ok, now add in that i am an avid baseball fan for mlb ticket and hockey for nhl and perhaps you can empathize why since we watch live sports 12 mos a yr its a feature we have been acclamated to and in upgrading to the hr20 we want, nay, expect the feature...................

#45 OFFLINE   jaywdetroit

jaywdetroit

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,308 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 11:12 AM

The first thing, the last thing, the one thing. I don't need DLB - I really don't. In fact, I only think about it when the tv is on. It starts as a passing thought, a twitch of the fingers for a button that isn't there. Then there's this nagging, this tearing of my attention trying to get a glimpse of that other world that I know can exist but somehow is beyond my reach. I find my fingers clutching the remote, knuckles turning bloodless, muscles cramping. Now it takes a concentrated force of will to watch the mindless single buffer worth of video. How ineffective to exercise all those Trick Plays with only the same record -- no magic to open that other world. By this time I'm almost desparate (although I know I don't really HAVE to have DLB) and start looking among the bottles (which my aching hands can hardly grasp), but the is no surcease. Even the numbing euphoria of fine bourbon doesn't possess the release that a simple button press can offer. I know I don't NEED DLB, but day by day, hour by hour, minute by minute, second by second, instant by instant the ache, the agony, the unrelenting power over my mind screams, screams, SCREAMS for DLB, DLB, DLB. :welcome: :welcome: :dance01: :dance01: :dance01:

I can feel the regret and guilt of my "DLB posting problem" fading with this outpouring of support. But this post, is by far the exclamation point and therefore I think I shall nominate RickLife to chair our group.

For you to share these deeply personal life issues, in such a public place is a true testament to your courage, sir. Congratulations. Admission is the first step to beating this... this... this vial problem we suffer from.
JayW
- - - - - -
Please vote for this application

Samsung LCD
Stand Alone TiVo Premeire
and a TON of HD

#46 OFFLINE   Tom Robertson

Tom Robertson

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,263 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 11:23 AM

I can feel the regret and guilt of my "DLB posting problem" fading with this outpouring of support. But this post, is by far the exclamation point and therefore I think I shall nominate RickLife to chair our group.

For you to share these deeply personal life issues, in such a public place is a true testament to your courage, sir. Congratulations. Admission is the first step to beating this... this... this vial problem we suffer from.

Jayw, fight it! This is not a problem we have (actually is a problem we don't have.) DLB is a part of the DVR experience and D* is committed to the best DVR experience possible. You have nothing to apologize for...(well, there was that time last month in the mall, but you need to apologize to the nuns who where there, not to us :) )

As for richlife as chair, I don't know. He has so eloquently shown that he needs us, desperately, to help thru this bleak dark period; he's not yet in a position to chair.

But his passionate posting does need to be in the Hall of Fame for DLB and I bet could make it into THE Internet Forums Hall of Fame. :D

Cheers,
Tom

Go Packers!

My real treasures: 5 Grandchildren - S, D, M, M, C ; Now 5! Great-Grandtibbers - B, H, J, A, and M (Born 7/31/2011)

#47 OFFLINE   bonscott87

bonscott87

• Registered
  • 9,809 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 02:03 PM

Ok, now add in that i am an avid baseball fan for mlb ticket and hockey for nhl and perhaps you can empathize why since we watch live sports 12 mos a yr its a feature we have been acclamated to and in upgrading to the hr20 we want, nay, expect the feature...................

I empathize.
I probably shouldn't have posted what I did, it's not in the spirit of the thread. I guess I was just pointing out that I got used to not having it a couple years ago and that perhaps others will as well if DLB never come.
Sorry.

#48 OFFLINE   Tom Robertson

Tom Robertson

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,263 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 02:19 PM

I empathize.
I probably shouldn't have posted what I did, it's not in the spirit of the thread. I guess I was just pointing out that I got used to not having it a couple years ago and that perhaps others will as well if DLB never come.
Sorry.

Apology accepted, clearly you still harbor some need for the support group and we're here to help. :D Meetings are at 6pm pst at dlbsupport.dbstalk.com (Just kidding about the address--I'm still working on Earl and Chris to host something for the team.)

Cheers,
Tom

Go Packers!

My real treasures: 5 Grandchildren - S, D, M, M, C ; Now 5! Great-Grandtibbers - B, H, J, A, and M (Born 7/31/2011)

#49 OFFLINE   bonscott87

bonscott87

• Registered
  • 9,809 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 03:31 PM

LOL. Maybe I'm on step 9 of the 12 step program of getting over DLB. :)

#50 OFFLINE   macEarl

macEarl

Godfather

• Registered
  • 257 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 03:34 PM

LOL. Maybe I'm on step 9 of the 12 step program of getting over DLB. :)

Can we break that into two 6 step programs and go back and forth between them? That would be great, thanks a lot.

#51 OFFLINE   Tom Robertson

Tom Robertson

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,263 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 03:35 PM

Can we break that into two 6 step programs and go back and forth between them? That would be great, thanks a lot.

LOL!

Go Packers!

#52 OFFLINE   richlife

richlife

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,060 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 07:50 PM

On the double six step program:

LOL!

Naturally he refers to that fact that we must suffer along with a single buffer as there is no DLB to break up into two six steps (if anyone has a clue, let me know).

And I am truly touched! And the outpouring of support is so-o-o- touching. You've all helped me to see that there is a life and others who share my pain -- so why don't we all gather round, hold our outstretched virtual hands, bow our heads and with heaven sent fervor bellow:
DLB - DLB - DLB

:welcome: :welcome: :dance01: :dance01: :dance01:
Rich Beaudry
UNC Tar Heel '69, '75
Woodworker, grandfather, DirecTV 1994
Whole-Home Slimline w/ SWM.
A) HR20-700: NR 4aa; HDMI Audio: HDMI, TOSLINK. Res-1080i; Native- On; eSata-No; Remote-RF (2).
B) HR23-700: NR 4aa; Video&Audio HDMI. Res.-720p; Native-On; Network-No; eSata-No; Remote-IR.
C) H23-600: NR 0440; HDMI. Res.-1080p; Native-On; eSata-No; Remote-IR.
TVs: A) Sony 50" Rear Proj KDS50A2000 & VIZIO 22" LCD M220VA; B) Sony 37" Rear Proj KDF37H1000; C) Toshiba 40" LCD 40FT1U

#53 OFFLINE   Drewg5

Drewg5

Icon

• Registered
  • 716 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis

Posted 12 February 2007 - 07:04 PM

It looks as if support is getting linited

My Junk

ATT Uverse

45" Sony

30" Visio web connected