Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HR20: 0x120 - Issues

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
418 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 30,092 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 08:50 AM

Please report any "new" issues, here in this thread.
Please take a moment to look to see if your issues has already been report.

NOTE: All issues report are logged and tracked by DirecTV

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich

Lifetime Achiever

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 30,092 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 08:51 AM

Place Holder

#3 OFFLINE   emerson42

emerson42

AllStar

• Registered
  • 53 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 09:11 AM

The main issue I've noticed was a delay on playback yesterday with Dirty Jobs. I hit play and it froze up the whole system for about 30 seconds. It did start playing and responding to buttons at that point. Much better than requiring a RBR though.

#4 OFFLINE   Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich

Lifetime Achiever

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 30,092 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 09:13 AM

The main issue I've noticed was a delay on playback yesterday with Dirty Jobs. I hit play and it froze up the whole system for about 30 seconds. It did start playing and responding to buttons at that point. Much better than requiring a RBR though.

And you where on 0x120 yesterday?
Earl - Gotta Love Karma

DIRECTV employee since April 2008.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#5 OFFLINE   c152driver

c152driver

Legend

• Registered
  • 127 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 09:14 AM

I know lots of other people are having this issue, but I just wanted to add my experience to the record.

Took the HR20 out of standby yesterday evening and couldn't tune any channels. SD, HD, or OTA HD. Just a black screen with the standard title bar. I don't have any MPEG4 channels so I couldn't test those. Playing recorded programs also resulted in a black screen. RBR solved the problem.

This is 0x120 connected to my TV via component cables. (I was using HDMI a couple of weeks ago but switched to component to see if that would help with reliability)

#6 OFFLINE   emerson42

emerson42

AllStar

• Registered
  • 53 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 09:14 AM

Yes. I did the early upgrade on the night it was out for download. I'm using HDMI as well.

#7 OFFLINE   Reggie3

Reggie3

DBSTalk Club Member

• Registered
  • 552 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 09:15 AM

Caller ID stopped working - not sure if it is a new issue or not. It had been working. I cleared my messages but no avail

#8 OFFLINE   jgrade

jgrade

Godfather

• Registered
  • 487 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 09:21 AM

Reggie3, Caller ID stops working for me after every upgrade, but a quick RBR seems to activate it again. Give it a try.
A flute without holes, is not a flute. A doughnut without a hole, is a danish.

Samsung HL-S7478W
DirecTV HR20-700
Sony STR-DA3300ES

#9 OFFLINE   Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich

Lifetime Achiever

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 30,092 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 09:22 AM

Reggie3, Caller ID stops working for me after every upgrade, but a quick RBR seems to activate it again. Give it a try.

Instead of just a reboot, I recommend you pulling the power... letting it sit for about 5 minutes... then starting up... just to make sure all the modem hardware inside can discharge and reset.
Earl - Gotta Love Karma

All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#10 OFFLINE   Galactus

Galactus

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 15 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 09:23 AM

First BSOD with 120 last night. I was watching mpeg4 local HD NBC station. Rewinded the box back 45 minutes to watch the news that was recording to the buffer. Midway through I pulled up my list of shows and selected Caddyshack which was recording at the time on HDN I believe. Black Screen. Going back to channel 4 everything was fine. Selected any other channels I got a black screen. RBR fixed the problem... waited till after the show stopped recording. The show I was recording shows perfectly from my recorded show list.

Setup:
HDMI to Panasonic Plasma
around 90% signal strength in the great state of NJ

#11 OFFLINE   tstarn

tstarn

Banned User

• Banned User
  • 1,199 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 09:24 AM

Picture in trick play at 1X (mainly REW) freezes for 4-5 seconds (used watch to time it) before resuming. Still getting periodic sound/video dropouts on MPEG2 and MPEG4 HD channels.
HDTV: Hitachi 42HDS69 plasma, Sony KE-32TS2 HD plasma
Directv Receivers: HR-20, R-10 (2), H-20
Hitachi and HR20 connected via HDMI (direct)
Sony and H20 connected via component

HT: Kenwood 8070 7.1 THX-certified receiver
Speakers:
PSB Image T55 (Main), PSB Image C40 (center), Image S50 (Surrounds).
DVD Players: Panasonic DVD Recorder (DMR-ES10B), Sony DVP-NS75H (upconverting).

#12 OFFLINE   billyhol

billyhol

AllStar

• Registered
  • 51 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 10:36 AM

downloaded the new software... now my receiver does not light up in front - power light or others... it is stuck on the channel it was on with no ability to change...

#13 OFFLINE   Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich

Lifetime Achiever

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 30,092 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 10:38 AM

downloaded the new software... now my receiver does not light up in front - power light or others... it is stuck on the channel it was on with no ability to change...

What happens if you reboot the system, either with the red button,or the power connection.
Earl - Gotta Love Karma

#14 OFFLINE   billyhol

billyhol

AllStar

• Registered
  • 51 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 10:48 AM

What happens if you reboot the system, either with the red button,or the power connection.

same thing... I have just pulled the plug and I am going to wait the five minutes and plug back in...

#15 OFFLINE   billyhol

billyhol

AllStar

• Registered
  • 51 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 10:52 AM

same thing... I have just pulled the plug and I am going to wait the five minutes and plug back in...

nothing... this box has never done this... the box in the other room works just fine...

#16 OFFLINE   WolfpackSully

WolfpackSully

Legend

• Registered
  • 113 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 10:58 AM

It's usually 50/50, on a good day, that my HR20 recordings will work properly. With the Raven I was having every issue imaginable (spontaneous reboots, no trick plays, playback freezing, IKD, BSOD, yadda, yadda...). I finally watched Return of the King, which is one of the main reasons that I had not "reset everything" and reformatted. Granted, I had done this before Christmas and it made my HR20 worse (maybe a 1% success rate).

Okay, to the point… Monday evening I “reset everything” and then reformatted (rbr + record/down). Suddenly, trick plays work with live TV (unusual for me). I recorded a program or two Monday and they worked great.

Later Monday night I downloaded Benz. Almost everything has worked perfectly since the reformat. I'm amazed. I have recorded and watched a bunch of stuff. I did have had 1 pre Benz program show IKD, but everything else has played pretty much without incident, which is odd because in the past anytime I had an IKD, all recordings would then show IKD and a restart was required.

Alright, details of my very minor issues:

I did notice that Caller ID worked twice while watch live TV (I think) and did not display once during a playback, though the call was logged in the message list.

My receiver was “dead” (dark & unresponsive) when I tried to turn it on last night around 6:20pm (had left it in standby). RBR and all was fine – it did not seem like it went through a complete restart – nothing displayed on the TV and after 5/10 minutes, I hit power on and the picture showed.

I had about two minutes of a/v dropouts at the start of last night’s American Idol playback (WRAZDT (MPEG2), 50-1, 9:01pm).

I had one program (Heroes WNCN 17 (MPEG4) 9pm) that was recorded with Raven have the IKD bug while trying to play this AM (Benz loaded).

I am using component connections. Some programs were recorded with native and DD off, others with native and DD on.

Yea.

Sully
HR20 & H20
Sony KDS50A2000

#17 OFFLINE   billyhol

billyhol

AllStar

• Registered
  • 51 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 10:59 AM

nothing... this box has never done this... the box in the other room works just fine...

I can watch the classic movie channel (i do not know why it is on that channel)... I have been reduced to one channel and nothing else works... the remote etc.

#18 OFFLINE   Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich

Lifetime Achiever

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 30,092 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 11:01 AM

I can watch the classic movie channel (i do not know why it is on that channel)... I have been reduced to one channel and nothing else works... the remote etc.

Reboot again, and force a software download.
Earl - Gotta Love Karma

#19 OFFLINE   HLSteves

HLSteves

• Registered
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 11:02 AM

I was happy to see the song data displayed when watching XM radio but just when I was getting into listening/watching Willie's Place, here comes the screen saver. Is there any way to make that not happen? BTW, I really appreciate this forum, Earl and the collective minds of several hundred geeks are so much more productive than talking to D* and I continue to be impressed with the intelligence.

#20 OFFLINE   billyhol

billyhol

AllStar

• Registered
  • 51 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 11:03 AM

Reboot again, and force a software download.

I am doing so now... I never thought that I would miss those beautiful blue lights...

Protected By... spam firewall...And...