Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Very frustrating with 120

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   flipper2006

flipper2006

Godfather

• Registered
  • 300 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 08:19 PM

120 has been a problem for me. Got it Monday and Ive rebooted each day when I got home because of frozen remote. Tonight while having a plethora of issues and anoother lockup, i decided to 2468 who de we appreciate... and go back to older version only to find 120 is the release.

Problems encountered TONIGHT. While watching Heat Cavs on 75 there appears to be a screen tearing issue where the top of the screen freezes and the bottom is ok, its happening really quick but never noticed this before. I was recordintg the game on 75 and also recorded Office on mpeg4. At halftime of the game I hit LIST to watch Office (its already been recorded) and freeking unit froze. Couldnt do anything, had to reboot.

Something needs to be fixed before Sunday..

Then after the reboot, watched the first few mins of office and the sound was going back and forth to each channel and I could see my Yamaha dolb dig blinking strangely.

Please tell me if there is any way I can get older pre 120. I never had this specific issue with these things till tonight. This is really frustrating, im trying to hang in there but we are progressing backwards. I never had ANY problems until the last release in middle of december.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   bnglbill

bnglbill

Icon

• Registered
  • 767 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 08:30 PM

120 has been a problem for me. Got it Monday and Ive rebooted each day when I got home because of frozen remote. Tonight while having a plethora of issues and anoother lockup, i decided to 2468 who de we appreciate... and go back to older version only to find 120 is the release.

Problems encountered TONIGHT. While watching Heat Cavs on 75 there appears to be a screen tearing issue where the top of the screen freezes and the bottom is ok, its happening really quick but never noticed this before. I was recordintg the game on 75 and also recorded Office on mpeg4. At halftime of the game I hit LIST to watch Office (its already been recorded) and freeking unit froze. Couldnt do anything, had to reboot.

Something needs to be fixed before Sunday..

Then after the reboot, watched the first few mins of office and the sound was going back and forth to each channel and I could see my Yamaha dolb dig blinking strangely.

Please tell me if there is any way I can get older pre 120. I never had this specific issue with these things till tonight. This is really frustrating, im trying to hang in there but we are progressing backwards. I never had ANY problems until the last release in middle of december.

I'm right there with ya man, I had no problems until the last 2 releases now I have just about every problem ever mentioned and I have had it. How can we be going backwards, it's just rediculos. Break the good boxes to try and fix the bad. Well, Verizon's fios is about two months away, if D** doesn't get their act together by then, I'm DONE!:mad:

#3 OFFLINE   bluesman40220

bluesman40220

Legend

• Registered
  • 129 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 09:41 PM

I posted this issue the other day and the best answer that I got was to unplug the HR20 for a few minutes. It did work, but it was a real pain in the rear. It hasn't happened since and I kind of thought it was isolated, but obviously it isn't.

I agree that this needs to be fixed before the Super Bowl, but the likelihood of that happening is almost zero. Good luck.
HDTV: Mitsubishi WD 52825 Format 1080i
DTV Equipment: HR20-700 & H20 (Config: Native ON), AT9 Dish
Receiver: Onkyo TX-SR705
HDTV & DVR Connection: via HDMI
Receiver Connection: HDMI 1.3a

#4 OFFLINE   Wolffpack

Wolffpack

Banned User

• Banned User
  • 4,642 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 12:01 AM

Am I missing something here? Isn't 120 on the CE? It's not a production/national release, it's being tested. You all made the decision to try 120 full well knowing there could be problems and knowing full well SuperBowl is coming up.

How can you make these statements when YOU made the decision to try a test release?
Series 2 DTivos 6.2 x 5
Series 2.5 DTivos 6.1a x 2
HR10-250s 6.3b: x 2

#5 OFFLINE   Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 30,092 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 12:23 AM

0x120 is the national release.
Earl - Gotta Love Karma

DIRECTV employee since April 2008.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#6 OFFLINE   bluesman40220

bluesman40220

Legend

• Registered
  • 129 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 05:38 AM

Am I missing something here? Isn't 120 on the CE? It's not a production/national release, it's being tested. You all made the decision to try 120 full well knowing there could be problems and knowing full well SuperBowl is coming up.

How can you make these statements when YOU made the decision to try a test release?

Wolfpack, as Earl stated above this is a national release now. I wasn't trying to complain. Perhaps you were referring to the other posters. Honestly whatever the case, whoever you were referring to has a right to state how they feel and what issues they are experiencing.

The remote freeze problem is VERY irritating. In my situation even a RBR didn't solve the problem. I had to unplug my unit for several minutes. I was told that even if I go back to the older version (gone now) that my receiver might not even pick up my locals thus creating a bigger problem for me. That speaks to a release candidate that has a serious flaw for some people. Wolfpack, might I suggest that you think about what others are going through before pouncing in for the kill.

Most people here know that this is "cutting edge" and to have a little patience. I try to help out where I can and do my part. But part of that is telling Earl and others here what the problems are. Some are not very good at that process due to a number of reasons. Just because someone doesn't express themselves well doesn't mean their experiences don't matter.
HDTV: Mitsubishi WD 52825 Format 1080i
DTV Equipment: HR20-700 & H20 (Config: Native ON), AT9 Dish
Receiver: Onkyo TX-SR705
HDTV & DVR Connection: via HDMI
Receiver Connection: HDMI 1.3a

#7 OFFLINE   Tiger Tony

Tiger Tony

Godfather

• Registered
  • 290 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 08:21 AM

I posted this issue the other day and the best answer that I got was to unplug the HR20 for a few minutes. It did work, but it was a real pain in the rear. It hasn't happened since and I kind of thought it was isolated, but obviously it isn't.

I agree that this needs to be fixed before the Super Bowl, but the likelihood of that happening is almost zero. Good luck.

Just wondering...............Is unplugging the same as doing a RBR? I think so but not 100% certain.

Could somebody explain?

I'm an expert with pressing the red-button, in fact I'm probably the most talented RBR'er on this board...........

Thanks!
Geaux !!!..... LSU - Saints - Hornets

1 - HR20-700 / 1 Genie HR34 / 2 -clients
Native setting Off / 720p and 1080i
Network connected / U.S.Robotics MAXg wireless router and bridge
Slimline dish / swms
OTA antenna CM4228 in attic

Samsung HLS5687 TV 1080
Toshibia A3 HD-DVD
Sony DG800 receiver
Boston Acoustics speakers / 5-1

#8 OFFLINE   bnglbill

bnglbill

Icon

• Registered
  • 767 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 08:29 AM

You are missing something. I did not download it early because my box has been fairly stable. D** forced this garbage to me and corrupted a perfectly good load.

#9 OFFLINE   electrotech

electrotech

• Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 09:03 AM

I found that the software was installed automatically Wed. nite on mine. I have none of their observed problems however.
HR20 to KDS60A2000 via HDMI:)

Klipsh Ref series wi JBL 18" sub & 2kw amp:grin:

#10 OFFLINE   Wolffpack

Wolffpack

Banned User

• Banned User
  • 4,642 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 09:58 AM

You are missing something. I did not download it early because my box has been fairly stable. D** forced this garbage to me and corrupted a perfectly good load.

I definetely WAS missing something. Sorry about the confusion.
Series 2 DTivos 6.2 x 5

#11 OFFLINE   4DThinker

4DThinker

Godfather

• Registered
  • 439 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 10:15 AM

I would except the problems if I'd forced a pre-release that was still in testing. My HR20 downloaded it on it's own, and I've had the first black screen problem for ANY software version since I got it.

DirecTV, Push 11b again, then don't send us new versions that are worse!

#12 OFFLINE   Wolffpack

Wolffpack

Banned User

• Banned User
  • 4,642 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 10:26 AM

I made the mistake of "assuming" with x120 coming out only Monday night (right?) that they would have given it a little more time to percolate before pushing it national, especially right before SB. My bad.
Series 2 DTivos 6.2 x 5

#13 OFFLINE   gator5000e

gator5000e

Godfather

• Registered
  • 310 posts
  • LocationWinter Park, Florida

Posted 02 February 2007 - 01:44 PM

Could D* have somehow released the wrong version of the software? I realize it's unlikely but just seems like a lot of old problems have come back. At least for me they have.
GO GATORS!!!

#14 OFFLINE   soccergrunt

soccergrunt

AllStar

• Registered
  • 54 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 01:57 PM

Count me in on this too. I got the automatic push on Wed. Night. I installed the HR-20 in September, so I had it since the beginning hooked up via HDMI to a Sony KDF-E50A10. I only had one black screen since September. No lost recordings, and only the occasional problem related to upgrades (trick play glitches, etc.). Nothing at all to complain about. Since 120 was pushed, I have had to RBR a minimum of 4-5 times each on Thursday and today due to black screen or video lock up. I guess my luck is running out.

#15 OFFLINE   mridan

mridan

Godfather

• Registered
  • 554 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 03:19 PM

Count me in on this too. I got the automatic push on Wed. Night. I installed the HR-20 in September, so I had it since the beginning hooked up via HDMI to a Sony KDF-E50A10. I only had one black screen since September. No lost recordings, and only the occasional problem related to upgrades (trick play glitches, etc.). Nothing at all to complain about. Since 120 was pushed, I have had to RBR a minimum of 4-5 times each on Thursday and today due to black screen or video lock up. I guess my luck is running out.

This is definitely a bad release, I have never had so many lockups,fozen video untill this latest release 0x120

#16 OFFLINE   tstarn

tstarn

Banned User

• Banned User
  • 1,199 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 03:55 PM

I believe it was two national releases ago when the lone priority was stability/basic functionality. Now, we trade spontaneous reboots for black screens, audio dropouts/stuttering, and other various and sundry glitches. When will it all end? Not soon enough.

So far, three RBRs in two days.
HDTV: Hitachi 42HDS69 plasma, Sony KE-32TS2 HD plasma
Directv Receivers: HR-20, R-10 (2), H-20
Hitachi and HR20 connected via HDMI (direct)
Sony and H20 connected via component

HT: Kenwood 8070 7.1 THX-certified receiver
Speakers:
PSB Image T55 (Main), PSB Image C40 (center), Image S50 (Surrounds).
DVD Players: Panasonic DVD Recorder (DMR-ES10B), Sony DVP-NS75H (upconverting).

#17 OFFLINE   tstarn

tstarn

Banned User

• Banned User
  • 1,199 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 03:57 PM

Could D* have somehow released the wrong version of the software? I realize it's unlikely but just seems like a lot of old problems have come back. At least for me they have.

Highly doubtful they sent the wrong one. Well, technically, it wasn't the "right" one, I suppose. But it was the "intended" one.
HDTV: Hitachi 42HDS69 plasma, Sony KE-32TS2 HD plasma
Directv Receivers: HR-20, R-10 (2), H-20
Hitachi and HR20 connected via HDMI (direct)
Sony and H20 connected via component

HT: Kenwood 8070 7.1 THX-certified receiver
Speakers:
PSB Image T55 (Main), PSB Image C40 (center), Image S50 (Surrounds).
DVD Players: Panasonic DVD Recorder (DMR-ES10B), Sony DVP-NS75H (upconverting).

#18 OFFLINE   Wolffpack

Wolffpack

Banned User

• Banned User
  • 4,642 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 10:19 PM

So when 120 "went national" what was the opinion of the CE folks? I haven't kept close tags on that action (obviously I didn't even know it was national) but I was under the impression that the CE folks were having substantial problems with 120. Why would DTV make the decision to release this national? Or, am I again missing something?
Series 2 DTivos 6.2 x 5

#19 OFFLINE   xerxes

xerxes

Legend

• Registered
  • 130 posts

Posted 03 February 2007 - 08:34 PM

Add me to the list of people with problems with 120, 11b was much better for me. I have had 2 locks ups, one lost recording a caller ID issue and tons of pixelation on HD channels that I never had before and with no signal issues to speak of. I am lookiing forward to another release so I can get off of this one.

#20 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,991 posts

Posted 03 February 2007 - 08:42 PM

0124 is coming
A.K.A VOS

Protected By... spam firewall...And...