Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Networked HR20 file question?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   geekgirrl

geekgirrl

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 25 posts

Posted 03 February 2007 - 01:03 PM

I networked my HR20 with my winXPpro pc through my router.
I have the latest software on my HR20-700s.
I can play pictures and mp3s on the HR20 but I'm having problem playing the videos.
There is an avi file that I added to wmp11's playlist but it doesn't show up on the HR20. The HR20 shows a lot of files that are not there anymore that are mp3's and it doesn't seem to update the list of mp3's as they change on wmp11 either.

Any ideas about hot to get wmp11 and the HR20 to sync their file lists?

Also, what video file types will the HR20 play? Is there a size limit?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   PoitNarf

PoitNarf

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,880 posts

Posted 03 February 2007 - 01:08 PM

Networked video playback is not currently supported, but it is expected sometime in the future.

Welcome to DBSTalk btw.

#3 OFFLINE   VLaslow

VLaslow

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,285 posts

Posted 03 February 2007 - 01:08 PM

The software on the HR-20 isn't ready yet to receive video. Sometime in the future, maybe.

#4 OFFLINE   uncrph90

uncrph90

AllStar

• Registered
  • 92 posts

Posted 03 February 2007 - 02:35 PM

I don't mean to hijack the thread, but I have a networking file question as well.

I have successfully enabled wireless networking with one of my HR20s and I am experimenting now. It really is pretty cool. I can play mp3s and wma audio files and can display photos. I used a Belkin Wireless Gaming Adapter that I saw at Walmart for $59 and had no real problems hooking up.

Does anyone have any suggestions for organized music/photos on my computer? I have been using the "My Folders" option on the HR20 and just selecting the photo/group/album/etc. that I want to see/hear, but "My Folders" is at the bottom of the HR20 list of options. It is kind of slow and non-intuitive for other family members. Is there a way to re-sort or delete the default network search options on the HR20? Or am I missing an obvious, easy answer?

AND--before I forget--THANK YOU to everyone who has posted how-to, step by step guides and advice on enabling wireless networking. I couldn't have done it without you! The setup was pretty easy, after I remembered the name of my network--I had the hex security code written down, but couldn't remember the $%@#%$ing network name at first.
Bill

#5 OFFLINE   geekgirrl

geekgirrl

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 25 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 01:32 PM

Thanks for the welcome to dbs talk.

I've been a member of avs forum for a while and that led me here.

Someone talked about networking the HR20 with a usb cable and having more functions so maybe I'll look into that.

#6 OFFLINE   islesfan

islesfan

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,652 posts
  • LocationNevada

Posted 05 February 2007 - 03:42 PM

I don't mean to hijack the thread, but I have a networking file question as well.

I have successfully enabled wireless networking with one of my HR20s and I am experimenting now. It really is pretty cool. I can play mp3s and wma audio files and can display photos. I used a Belkin Wireless Gaming Adapter that I saw at Walmart for $59 and had no real problems hooking up.

Does anyone have any suggestions for organized music/photos on my computer? I have been using the "My Folders" option on the HR20 and just selecting the photo/group/album/etc. that I want to see/hear, but "My Folders" is at the bottom of the HR20 list of options. It is kind of slow and non-intuitive for other family members. Is there a way to re-sort or delete the default network search options on the HR20? Or am I missing an obvious, easy answer?

AND--before I forget--THANK YOU to everyone who has posted how-to, step by step guides and advice on enabling wireless networking. I couldn't have done it without you! The setup was pretty easy, after I remembered the name of my network--I had the hex security code written down, but couldn't remember the $%@#%$ing network name at first.

I like the Artist Index, but remember that it all runs from your tags, not file names, so you might have a batch of "unknown" for artist. I also like to set up playlists, but they appear further down the selections too.

Here's my question to you:
How do you get WMA to play? I am currently running Twonky, and the only plugin they have is for MP3. I just ordered a new ViiV computer, so will I be able to play WMA when not using Twonky?

Sony Bravia 55"
HR20-700
HR21-700
HDMI
HP Touchsmart IQ 846 (Windows 8) for DirecTV2PC and Media Share

GenieGO

iPhone 4S

iPad

#7 OFFLINE   Spanky_Partain

Spanky_Partain

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,499 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 05:12 PM

Thanks for the welcome to dbs talk.

I've been a member of avs forum for a while and that led me here.

Someone talked about networking the HR20 with a usb cable and having more functions so maybe I'll look into that.

Networking through the USB is not supported. The USB is designated for a sling box only. No other fucntion at this time.

-Mark-
"There's no place like 127.0.0.1 or ::127.0.0.1 or 0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1 or ::1!"
Support the DBSTalk forum, become a member, Click Here!
For Networking Help, Click Here!
For my setup, Click Here!
3/98

#8 OFFLINE   dvrblogger

dvrblogger

Icon

• Registered
  • 562 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 05:46 AM

use wmp11 and create photo playlists or rate photos 1 to 5 stars in wmp11 and then these categories can be accessed from HR20 menu

#9 OFFLINE   dvrblogger

dvrblogger

Icon

• Registered
  • 562 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 05:47 AM

Networking through the USB is not supported. The USB is designated for a sling box only. No other fucntion at this time.

USB is for home theatre commands not slingbox

#10 OFFLINE   dvrblogger

dvrblogger

Icon

• Registered
  • 562 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 05:48 AM

I like the Artist Index, but remember that it all runs from your tags, not file names, so you might have a batch of "unknown" for artist. I also like to set up playlists, but they appear further down the selections too.

Here's my question to you:
How do you get WMA to play? I am currently running Twonky, and the only plugin they have is for MP3. I just ordered a new ViiV computer, so will I be able to play WMA when not using Twonky?

Both wmp11 and VIIV server convert un protected (no DRM) WMA,MP3 files for HR20.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...