Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Series Link Issues and PlayList Delete Problems

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   n3ntj

n3ntj

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,693 posts

Posted 04 February 2007 - 02:53 PM

I wanted to report these two HR20 problems: (I've notice these problems from before the Raven release - still happens with 0x120)

1. I have about 15 programs in my Series Link set to record ONLY 1st Run, although many times my HR20 records reruns as well. The description of the programs also says REPEAT, although again, the HR20 doesn't know any better for some reason. Is this related to an HR20 bug or guide problems or what?

Also, I don't know it its related, but if I set something in a Series Link to record BOTH (reruns and 1st run) and then change to 1st RUN, sometimes the UPDATE ALL button appears and other times it doesn't and stays as RECORD AS SET (I think that's how its worded). Why isn't my HR20 saving these changed settings whether its a save '3' episodes instead of '5', or keep until 'I delete' vs. until 'disk full', or any of these settings? Another bug with the HR20?

2. When I got into my PlayList and try to delete a program, I go through the process and the program still often exists in the playlist as though it doesn't actually delete when I tell it to. I normally have to delete a program in my Playlist at least twice for it to disappear.

Does anyone else have either and/or all of these bugs? These problems are quite annoying and I wish D* could fix them. Again, I've had these issues from before Raven, Benz, and 120 were released.

Thanks.
HD Snob - "Friends Don't Let Friends Watch Cable".
Electrical/RF Engineer & Inspector
DirecTV Equipment: HR24-200, HR24-100, 5LNB Slimline, AM21, SWiM 8 installed (MRV)
HR-2x Configuration: Native OFF. Units OFF when not in use.
TVs: 2 Panasonic Plasma TV's each using HDMI (one 1080p/one 720p)
DirecTV customer since 1998. Plus HD DVR package w/ NHL Center Ice & MLB Extra Innings.
OTA Antenna: Homebrew UHF & VHF antennas w/ 30dB amplifier fed w/ RG-6 Quad-shield coax.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   hasan

hasan

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,830 posts
  • LocationOgden, IA

Posted 04 February 2007 - 03:55 PM

The recording of a "repeat" program is caused by errors in the datastream that tell the HR20 that a program is a "repeat". The text as displayed to the user is not a reliable (100%) indicator of what is actually in the data stream. The result is occasional errors. Now, if it's recording repeats all the time or a "lot" of the time, I've seen people do a reset and claim it helps.

I've had it happen on more than on occasion, but never had to reboot for it to operate normally (except for the very intermittent bad data in the stream).

Some errors in this operation (record 1st run only) are "normal" and a result of the bad data.

...hasan, N0AN

SlimLine5-SWiMLNB/DECA/WHDVR
HR44-700, WD20EURX 2 TB eSATA/ThermalTake Max 5 Enclosure

HR24-200, WD20EVDS 2 TB eSATA/ThermalTake Dock

HR24-200, H21-200. Samsung UN60C6400 60" LED/LCD

DirecTV since 1995

#3 OFFLINE   n3ntj

n3ntj

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 5,693 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 08:46 AM

What about the other problems I have seen?

I figured the repeat vs 1st run issue was related to the guide.
HD Snob - "Friends Don't Let Friends Watch Cable".
Electrical/RF Engineer & Inspector
DirecTV Equipment: HR24-200, HR24-100, 5LNB Slimline, AM21, SWiM 8 installed (MRV)
HR-2x Configuration: Native OFF. Units OFF when not in use.
TVs: 2 Panasonic Plasma TV's each using HDMI (one 1080p/one 720p)
DirecTV customer since 1998. Plus HD DVR package w/ NHL Center Ice & MLB Extra Innings.
OTA Antenna: Homebrew UHF & VHF antennas w/ 30dB amplifier fed w/ RG-6 Quad-shield coax.

spam firewall