Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Satelite Question

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Mrpalmer420

Mrpalmer420

Legend

• Registered
  • 182 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 11:26 AM

I recently had a R15 installed with a new satelite. I will eventually be upgrading my TV to HDTV and at that time will want the HR20.

My question is will i need the 5 lnb dish or can i use the one that they installed with the R15?
Direct TV Since 2001 (R15-500x10FA)
XM Radio Since 2003 ( Delphi SkyFi 2 & Roady XT)

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   paulman182

paulman182

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 11:54 AM

If you are now on the 3LNB dish, D* will install the AT-9 or AU-9 when you go HD so that you will have receive capability for all the new channels.

It will probably be the AU-9 Slimline and it does receive 5 sats.

Equipment includes a buncha stuff that I no longer have interest in detailing

#3 OFFLINE   Mrpalmer420

Mrpalmer420

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 182 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 01:26 PM

Since I live in an apartment and alreadyu have this dish on a wooden post in a cemented flowerpot, Will the added size of this dish be a problem IYO.

Also will there be more then two lines coming out of the Dish?

Thank you very much for any response. This is by far the best message board I have ever been on for any subject.
Direct TV Since 2001 (R15-500x10FA)
XM Radio Since 2003 ( Delphi SkyFi 2 & Roady XT)

#4 OFFLINE   carl6

carl6

Hall Of Fame

• Moderators
  • 10,849 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 07 February 2007 - 06:35 PM

The 5-LNB dish is somewhat larger, and at least twice as heavy, as the 3-LNB dish. It requires a 2" mast/pipe, which is larger than the pipe for the 3-LNB dish. I'm not sure how a wooden post would support the dish properly.

To run a single HR20 hi-def DVR you will need 2 lines from the dish. To run anything in addition, you will need additional wiring.

Carl

spam firewall