Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Audio Problems with 120

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   hr20manray

hr20manray

• Registered
  • 236 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 10:53 AM

With the last upgrade I'm getting audio problems I never had with any other versions. I now occasionally get a loud quick stutter like someone just plugged or unplugged a speaker cord from an amp. Last night towards the end of "Bones" I was getting audio dropouts where I missed a whole word or two. Never got these before. This is what aggravates me the most. They're working on showing pictures and videos from your pc. How about just fix the basics? Like words match the mouth. . .

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   litzdog911

litzdog911

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,570 posts
  • LocationMill Creek, WA

Posted 08 February 2007 - 10:32 PM

Not a commonly reported problem. First thing to try is resetting your DVR (red button reset behind front panel access card door). If the problem is only on one channel, then it might be a problem with that station's broadcast.
HD DVRs: HR34-700; HR24-500; (2) HR20-700 + WD eSATA 1TB drive/Antec MX1 case; HR21-700; HR21-200 w/AM21
Receivers: H25-500 HD Receiver; H21-100 HD Receiver
Mobile Devices: Nomad

Additional equipment configuration details

Sun & moon help site your satellite dish

#3 OFFLINE   bwaldron

bwaldron

Impossible Dreamer

• Registered
  • 5,517 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 10:35 PM

With the last upgrade I'm getting audio problems I never had with any other versions. I now occasionally get a loud quick stutter like someone just plugged or unplugged a speaker cord from an amp. Last night towards the end of "Bones" I was getting audio dropouts where I missed a whole word or two. Never got these before. This is what aggravates me the most. They're working on showing pictures and videos from your pc. How about just fix the basics? Like words match the mouth. . .

OTA or from the satellite? If the latter, I have occasionally gotten similar problems on some of our MPEG4 locals. Never FOX or ABC, though, just the 1080i networks (CBS & NBC).

#4 OFFLINE   hr20manray

hr20manray

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 236 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 07:36 AM

OTA or from the satellite? If the latter, I have occasionally gotten similar problems on some of our MPEG4 locals. Never FOX or ABC, though, just the 1080i networks (CBS & NBC).

I got these pops and audio dropouts on "Bones" toward the end on Wednesday night. Before the last release I have had no problems like this recording Bones.

#5 OFFLINE   4DThinker

4DThinker

Godfather

• Registered
  • 439 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 08:25 AM

120 is also the first version I've had similar problems. Mainly one or two words missing as if the HR20 took a breath while recording.

#6 OFFLINE   awursta

awursta

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 19 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 09:04 AM

I had the same problems with Bones and American Idol with audio dropouts on Fox5 mpeg4 in DC.

#7 OFFLINE   Milominderbinder2

Milominderbinder2

Cutting Edge: ECHELON '08

• Registered
  • 4,107 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 12:04 PM

Are you using HDMI?

People using HDMI are 145% more likely to be having audio problems.

See the survey results of 777 users.

Here are the five questions to ask if someone is reporting serious problems with their HR20:

1. Do you ever have Native Mode ON.
2. Do you use HDMI?
3. Do you have more than 30 Series Links?
4. Do you use Autorecord?
5. Do you ever turn your HR20 Off (Standby)?

In the HR20 Site Survey - Finding the Cures, no respondent who said NO to these five questions had replaced their HR20.

- Craig

#8 OFFLINE   pappasbike

pappasbike

Godfather

• Registered
  • 487 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 02:05 PM

It's funny in Baltimore the problem is much more common on the local Fox affiliate. Almost always hear it on American Idol and Bones, I don't use the ota functions.

#9 OFFLINE   kevincarney

kevincarney

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 17 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 07:58 PM

. How about just fix the basics? Like words match the mouth. . .

This has been something that has bothered me a great deal since I got the HR20. I was[I]using HDMI, but I switched back to component in the hopes that this would solve my problem. Since it has not, I am seriously thinking of going back to the HR10. The problem seems to occur mostly with HD programming and [I]always when I am watching something that I have previously recorded. I have reset many many times, but nothing has worked. If anyone has any other ideas, or at least can say something like "they are aware of the problem and they are working on it" that would hold me off for a while. :mad:

spam firewall