Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

D* mailer

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 ONLINE   armophob

armophob

Difficulty Concen........

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,031 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 04:39 PM

reposted from another thread

Got a glossy mailing from D* today that explains some of the undocumented remote features. Including the double dash and press and hold play for slow motion.
Looks like they are not only acting on this sites software suggestions, but also the informing the general public ideas.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   KurtV

KurtV

Legend

• Registered
  • 243 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 07:58 PM

I got it too.

#3 OFFLINE   mtnagel

mtnagel

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,015 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 06:51 AM

They should just send out Craig's undocumented tips sheet.
- Matt

#4 OFFLINE   TimGoodwin

TimGoodwin

Icon

• Registered
  • 596 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 07:14 AM

Did not know about the press and hold play for slow motion.

Thanks!

#5 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,906 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 08:48 AM

I got this mailer too. My initial reaction was, "Tell me something I don't know". This was followed by "They could at least have stuck in a PPV coupon or something". But then my more enlightened side took over, and I realized that the only reason I know this stuff is because of avidly reading this site. There are probably thousands of people who didn't know that, and this might help them.

I work in printing and it's good to see people still relying on it, but at the same time, I would have preceded this with an onscreen message saying "Look in your mailbox for important information about your remote control!"

Maybe also I would hire Craig and have him write a weekly "Tips and Tricks" newsletter which would be on their web site with teaser messages downloaded to the DVR. I know he does this in the "official" forums but he's doing it out of his own generosity, not pay.

Which reminds me to say thanks to everyone, Craig, Doug, Earl, Matt, everyone who works 10x harder to make this a better experience than any CSR I've talked to over there. You guys are incredibly generous and I really appreciate it.
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

#6 OFFLINE   mtnagel

mtnagel

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,015 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 03:45 PM

Which reminds me to say thanks to everyone, Craig, Doug, Earl, Matt, everyone who works 10x harder to make this a better experience than any CSR I've talked to over there. You guys are incredibly generous and I really appreciate it.

Wow, to even be mentioned in the same sentence as Earl. I feel so honored :o

Unless of course you were talking about some other Matt and if that's the case, then :mad:

Just kidding :D
- Matt

#7 OFFLINE   MartyS

MartyS

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,104 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 04:42 PM

I have to echo that sentiment, since I've learned more about D* out here and the HR20 and its functions than I could ever learn just by using it.

I also thank all of you out here who make me look like a genius to my friends who don't access the forum (even though I've told them to) and give them all these tips. They just can't understand how I know all that stuff!!!:lol:
Marty

My Setup

Life is in HD and 3D -- be sure to enjoy it!!

Never argue with an idiot.
He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

#8 OFFLINE   hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 32,081 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 05:51 PM

I also thank all of you out here who make me look like a genius to my friends who don't access the forum (even though I've told them to) and give them all these tips.

To keep that going, Ya might want to rethink your Avatar and signature logo... :lol: :lol:

Protected By... spam firewall...And...