Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HDMI cable with HR20

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   dogger01

dogger01

AllStar

• Registered
  • 55 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 05:48 AM

I was wondering when DTV started shipping the HR20 with an HDMI cable? When I recieved my boxes back in September they did not come with one. I just had a unit replaced (That's another issue) and the new unit they shipped (not referb. this time) had a HDMI cable with it. Just wondering.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   DonCorleone

DonCorleone

Icon

• Registered
  • 869 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 08:00 AM

I was wondering when DTV started shipping the HR20 with an HDMI cable? When I recieved my boxes back in September they did not come with one. I just had a unit replaced (That's another issue) and the new unit they shipped (not referb. this time) had a HDMI cable with it. Just wondering.

Bought mine a few weeks ago and it had it, but I would imagine it was before that. Interestingly, though, because the manual says something like some of the cables you need may be included almost as if it's random.
DirecTV since 2001, NFLST, EI, and as of 2/8/07, new AU-9 with 2 HR20-700S (1 HDMI, 1 component/RCA), 6X8 multiswitch, and Samsung LNS3252D 32" LCD...eSata Seagate 750GB...12/30/07 new HR20-700S component connected to Phillips 42PFL5332D 42" LCD and HDMI to a little 20" Dynex LCD

#3 OFFLINE   NYSmoker

NYSmoker

Icon

• Registered
  • 657 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 08:23 AM

Bought mine a few weeks ago and it had it, but I would imagine it was before that. Interestingly, though, because the manual says something like some of the cables you need may be included almost as if it's random.

That goes along with the some of the time the DVR might work.

Back on topic my HR20 did not come with an HDMI cable, this was the last week of November. I had to pay 4 dollars at Monoprice for mine.
HR21-700 HDMI --> Sharp Aquos 42" LCD
HR20-700 HDMI --> Sharp Aquos 26" LCD .

#4 OFFLINE   pmayo2002

pmayo2002

AllStar

• Registered
  • 59 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 09:14 AM

I purchased a new one from Circuit City - on 1/15 -- surprised also it had a HDMI cable.

#5 OFFLINE   HarleyD

HarleyD

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 09:59 AM

Since at one time it was posted that the HR20 didn't come with the HDMI cables I just ordered 2 HDMI cables and 2 Digital Optical audio cables from monoprice.com (one each for the HR20 and my new upscaling DVD player, a Sony DVP-NC85H).

I am also getting an HDMI cable along with the accessory bundle I bought with my new Panasonic TH-58PX60U to go from my new amp (Sony STR-DG800) to the TV. I really just wanted the extended warranty, power conditioner and calibration DVD but individually those prices added up to the accessory bundle so essentially the cables I am getting are free.

In case you didn't guess from the above, I'm essentially building a whole new HT in the family room. :D

Oh well, at the prices monoprice offers it won't be a terrible thing even if my new HR20 comes with and HDMI cable. An extra one wont hurt and I think I spent a little over 20 bucks for all 4 of the cables I bought at monoprice. I spent more than that snacking on wings & fries at the bar last night.

A home-techie can never have too many cables. ;)
"Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible."
--Frank Zappa

#6 OFFLINE   bwaldron

bwaldron

Impossible Dreamer

• Registered
  • 5,517 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 10:59 AM

I purchased a new one from Circuit City - on 1/15 -- surprised also it had a HDMI cable.

The HR20 I picked up from Best Buy in early January had no HDMI cable, but a neighbor grabbed one a week or so later from the same store, and it had the cable included.

spam firewall