Jump to content


Welcome to DBSTalk


Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends
 
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

I am an owner of 2 HR10 and I just upgraded to 2 HR20, did i make a mistake?


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
23 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   jediphish

jediphish

    Godfather

  • Registered
  • 450 posts
Joined: Dec 03, 2005

Posted 09 February 2007 - 04:39 PM

Hi all, I am new here and I sure I will be spending quite some time here.

I have 2 fully working DTivos but I got a good deal on 2 free HR20s and a new dish, so I went for it. But after reading here, i now have doubts.

Is the HR20 really that bad? I am not a Tivo fan, so I don't care about losing the little logo and stuff like that, All I really care about is dual tuners, season pass and local HD.

Any input is appreciated. :D


In the past month I have returned one leased HR10 and sold my owned HR10, so that I now have two HR20s in my house, at no expense to me. I'm very happy with my decision.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   jbrasure

jbrasure

    Legend

  • Registered
  • 130 posts
Joined: Oct 08, 2006

Posted 11 February 2007 - 08:37 PM

It's difficult to say whether you will like the HR20 or not. According to the most recent poll results 47% of respondants gave the HR20 a grade of "C" or lower. The remaining 53% gave it a grade of A or B.

In other words, it's about a 50/50 chance that you'll like it.

Best of luck.

#23 OFFLINE   dhaakenson

dhaakenson

    Legend

  • Registered
  • 222 posts
Joined: Jan 13, 2007

Posted 12 February 2007 - 04:04 AM

As to your question in the title of this thread, did you make a mistake?

Depends on how your HR20s work for you. Some report few bugs, others think the HR20 is a POS. That's been hashed over in various threads to death.

Only you will be able to answer your question. Good luck. And do report back to us on your experiences.

#24 OFFLINE   macEarl

macEarl

    Godfather

  • Registered
  • 257 posts
Joined: Jan 01, 2007

Posted 12 February 2007 - 01:06 PM

As to your question in the title of this thread, did you make a mistake?


In all likelihood, yes, he made a mistake. He asked for our opinion. :D

Sorry - bad day, couldn't resist.




spam firewall