Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Help, Help With D*TV & Satellite 119

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Dave Worrell

Dave Worrell

• Registered
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 09:24 AM

ALL, I just got off the phone with D*TV. What a totally useless, totally aggravating call. To wit:

1) I ask if I switched to Premier (the total package) how many of those channels were on satellite 119. Didn’t know.

2) I ask how much the Premier Package cost. Answer-$99, to which I say, yeah, but that doesn’t include set top rental, HD package, sales tax, etc. So… what’s the real monthly? They had no idea.

3) I explained that I can’t get satellite 119, thus no HD 70’s channels. I further explained that last October, their installer told me I could if I trimmed certain branches from my 60 foot pine trees. I did so a the cost of $500, still no satellite 119. Can I get a reduction in rates? No deal.

4) I ask if I could get the new Slimline Dish, since the LNBs on the old, large dish fail with regularity. No deal, they tell me they are the same LNBs.

5) I ask if they have a special or difficult installations department. They never heard of such a thing.

6) They did schedule an installer to take another look tomorrow. I am not optimistic.

Any of you guys have suggestions on any of the above items???? HELP!!

Dave Worrell

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 30,092 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 09:27 AM

1) It is mostly HD channels on 119, and some SD Locals... I don't have a list handy
2) Add $9.99 for your HD, $5 per box after the first one... Sales Tax, depends on the state
3) Can't help you there
4) AT9 vs ATU (slimline), usually depends on what your local installer has in stock. The work order usually just notes 5LNB
5) They do have an installation department, there is a direct number posted here somewher...
6) Good Luck
Earl - Gotta Love Karma

DIRECTV employee since April 2008.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#3 OFFLINE   bonscott87

bonscott87

Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07

• Registered
  • 9,809 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 10:29 AM

On 119 in HD is...

ESPN2 HD
Discovery HD
HDNet
Yes HD
Some of the DNS stations from NY and LA