Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HR20 Wish List: Add a line on the info screen with date and time of last reboot?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16 replies to this topic

Poll: Include "Add a line on the info screen with date and time of last reboot"? (52 member(s) have cast votes)

Include "Add a line on the info screen with date and time of last reboot"?

1. Yes (41 votes [78.85%])

Percentage of vote: 78.85%

2. No (11 votes [21.15%])

Percentage of vote: 21.15%

Vote

#1 OFFLINE   Doug Brott

Doug Brott

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 28,919 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 09 February 2007 - 12:43 PM

Should we include Add a line on the info screen with date and time of last reboot as a new item on the HR20 Wish List Survey?

The HR20 Wish List Survey is a perpetual Survey that we are using to rank features request. Please feel free to participate so that we can improve the accuracy of the results.
DIRECTV Firmware Monitor - iPhone - Android - HTML5

DIRECTV employee since August 2011.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,631 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 09 February 2007 - 01:10 PM

Yes. I didn't realize until yesterday that it wasn't there.

#3 OFFLINE   Darwynz

Darwynz

AllStar

• Registered
  • 56 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 01:44 PM

While you are making a wish list; I would love to see they either add sounds for FFWD/RWD, entering a menu, running into live (like tivo sounds) or give the ability to use the network to add sounds of our choosing (WAV, MP3) via the network. I just miss the sounds, it was how I knew I was doing something ;)

#4 OFFLINE   Doug Brott

Doug Brott

Lifetime Achiever

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 28,919 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 09 February 2007 - 01:56 PM

While you are making a wish list; I would love to see they either add sounds for FFWD/RWD, entering a menu, running into live (like tivo sounds) or give the ability to use the network to add sounds of our choosing (WAV, MP3) via the network. I just miss the sounds, it was how I knew I was doing something ;)

Check out the discussion thread for all of the features that have been requested. This feature and many more can be voted on now.

Enable "Sound Effects" as shows in the photo on p. 29 of the manual is currently #51 on the HR20 Wish List Survey

All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#5 OFFLINE   Doug Brott

Doug Brott

Lifetime Achiever

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 28,919 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 10 February 2007 - 10:42 AM

Day 2 Voting Opportunity

#6 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,850 posts

Posted 10 February 2007 - 11:51 AM

Aren't we so "married" to our boxes that we know every little hiccup, sneeze, or reboot?
Haven't voted. :)
A.K.A VOS

#7 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,877 posts

Posted 10 February 2007 - 11:54 AM

I think a section in the setup screen for uptime may be more useful than just a last reboot date.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#8 OFFLINE   Doug Brott

Doug Brott

Lifetime Achiever

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 28,919 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 10 February 2007 - 12:15 PM

I'm just curious about why someone doesn't want this to go on the Wish List.

#9 OFFLINE   billsharpe

billsharpe

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,268 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 10 February 2007 - 05:12 PM

I'm just curious about why someone doesn't want this to go on the Wish List.

The information is already included in the setup test and the history list. I can also tell a reboot was done by seeing the bright blue lights, which I dim after getting an update.

Bill

#10 OFFLINE   Milominderbinder2

Milominderbinder2

Cutting Edge: ECHELON '08

• Registered
  • 4,107 posts

Posted 10 February 2007 - 06:19 PM

The information is already included in the setup test and the history list. I can also tell a reboot was done by seeing the bright blue lights, which I dim after getting an update.

Bill

Bill,

I just went back through History and could not find any reset listed. (List > Yellow Button > History). I had to reset a second time after ox126 and again after 0x12a but neither are listed.

I went back through Info & Test and can't find it there either. (MENU > Help & Settings > Setup Info & Test. It accurately shows my last software upgrade but not my last reset.

Bill are your sure? Does anyone else have a note of a reset in the History or in Info & Test?

- Craig

#11 OFFLINE   Spanky_Partain

Spanky_Partain

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,499 posts

Posted 11 February 2007 - 10:29 AM

Sounds like they may be putting this on the network and is being sent to D*, if it is connected, and D* seems to think it is important.

Why not add a line in the info screen!

-Mark-
"There's no place like 127.0.0.1 or ::127.0.0.1 or 0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1 or ::1!"
Support the DBSTalk forum, become a member, Click Here!
For Networking Help, Click Here!
For my setup, Click Here!
3/98

#12 OFFLINE   JACKIEGAGA

JACKIEGAGA

N.Y. FOOTBALL GIANTS

• DBSTalk Club
  • 5,243 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 11 February 2007 - 10:52 AM

I go a wish list request. My playlist you should be able to group them in folders. Say one folder for each family member. or all sports something like that.

JACK,

#13 OFFLINE   billsharpe

billsharpe

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,268 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 11 February 2007 - 04:55 PM

Bill,

I just went back through History and could not find any reset listed. (List > Yellow Button > History). I had to reset a second time after ox126 and again after 0x12a but neither are listed.

I went back through Info & Test and can't find it there either. (MENU > Help & Settings > Setup Info & Test. It accurately shows my last software upgrade but not my last reset.

Bill are your sure? Does anyone else have a note of a reset in the History or in Info & Test?

- Craig

Sorry, I am indeed seeing software updates, not reboot/reset. Still I would prefer D* addressing more serious problems rather than adding something like time/date of resets. I have only had to perform a couple of resets myself when screen froze in the month that I've had a DVR.

#14 OFFLINE   Doug Brott

Doug Brott

Lifetime Achiever

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 28,919 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 11 February 2007 - 05:17 PM

Sorry, I am indeed seeing software updates, not reboot/reset. Still I would prefer D* addressing more serious problems rather than adding something like time/date of resets. I have only had to perform a couple of resets myself when screen froze in the month that I've had a DVR.

No worries Bill, but this is a question as to whether or not it should even be on the Wish List. Once it is on the Wish List, we will be able to determine how it ranks. Clearly you would rank this one low, but I am of the mind that this is a very simple addition to the code, I suspect it's more a matter of whether or not the design team wants to put it in or not.

#15 OFFLINE   Doug Brott

Doug Brott

Lifetime Achiever

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 28,919 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 12 February 2007 - 05:05 PM

The results are in ... Add a line on the info screen with date and time of last reboot has been added to the HR20 Wish List Survey today. If you have voted in the past, you can vote again. Your most recent votes will be tallied over any votes you may have cast in the past.

#16 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,874 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 05:07 PM

As the guy suggesting it, may I say, WOO HOO!
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

#17 OFFLINE   oldschoolecw

oldschoolecw

HarpoonIPA

• Registered
  • 1,506 posts
  • LocationHalifax, MA

Posted 12 February 2007 - 05:20 PM

Thanks once again Brott

LG Cinema Screen 47LM7600
Pioneer VSX-1120
X1 unit and yes it's Comcastic
Comcast Triple Play