Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Screen not centered

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   mitch300

mitch300

Mentor

• Registered
  • 49 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 02:19 PM

since I upgraded to the HR20 DVR I noticed a slight shift in my screen. I have a 65 inch big screen rear projection. Ialso have a reciever?tuner. I never noticed it on my HR10. For instance when I was watching the NFL network thursday night games IN HD I noticed that the top was chopped off I could see half of the info.(score, time what down etc). The bottom of the screen has the picture isnormal. Last night I was watching Grey's Anatomy and during a comercial that was not in HD ( bars on the left and right) and was in letterbox black on top and bottom I noticed the balck bar on top was thineer than the one on the bottom. I have also noticed that at times when the info banner is displayed the channel like 40 I can't see the 40 only half of it. Though if I shut off the units and turn them back on it goes away. BTW I have the HR set as stretch. This problem in HD andNON HD. I hope this makes sense to some of you out their. I figure better to ask you guys than D*.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   abruns

abruns

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 13 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 03:00 PM

I have not noticed any problem with the picture but the last line of my guide is only half visible.

#3 OFFLINE   islesfan

islesfan

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,643 posts
  • LocationNevada

Posted 09 February 2007 - 03:46 PM

I have the same thing, only mine is shifted to the left. Its an HDMI thing, and you can correct it by using component cables, but in my case, the picture is worse.

Sony Bravia 55"
HR20-700
HR21-700
HDMI
HP Touchsmart IQ 846 (Windows 8) for DirecTV2PC and Media Share

GenieGO

iPhone 4S

iPad

#4 OFFLINE   ninerlou

ninerlou

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 23 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 03:57 PM

Anybody know why D* didn't add a "centering" option in setup like it did with the H20? In fact a centering option is actually mentioned in the HR20 guide.. but voila.. it doesn't exist. Any chance it will be added in a future software update?

#5 OFFLINE   mitch300

mitch300

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 49 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 04:32 PM

I have the same thing, only mine is shifted to the left. Its an HDMI thing, and you can correct it by using component cables, but in my case, the picture is worse.

Thanks for the info. When I had my origianl purchase of the big screen/tuners etc It was puchased and set up by a home theatre company and I had the s video and top of the line cables hooked up. Shouldn't I already have the correct cables? BTW this was done 3 years ago.

#6 OFFLINE   mridan

mridan

Godfather

• Registered
  • 549 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 04:40 PM

since I upgraded to the HR20 DVR I noticed a slight shift in my screen. I have a 65 inch big screen rear projection. Ialso have a reciever?tuner. I never noticed it on my HR10. For instance when I was watching the NFL network thursday night games IN HD I noticed that the top was chopped off I could see half of the info.(score, time what down etc). The bottom of the screen has the picture isnormal. Last night I was watching Grey's Anatomy and during a comercial that was not in HD ( bars on the left and right) and was in letterbox black on top and bottom I noticed the balck bar on top was thineer than the one on the bottom. I have also noticed that at times when the info banner is displayed the channel like 40 I can't see the 40 only half of it. Though if I shut off the units and turn them back on it goes away. BTW I have the HR set as stretch. This problem in HD andNON HD. I hope this makes sense to some of you out their. I figure better to ask you guys than D*.

Check your convergence,I had a friend who had the same problem,he did'nt beleive me.He ordered another HR20,did'nt fix it,had repair service check tv,convergence off.

#7 OFFLINE   mitch300

mitch300

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 49 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 05:15 PM

Check your convergence,I had a friend who had the same problem,he did'nt beleive me.He ordered another HR20,did'nt fix it,had repair service check tv,convergence off.

Thanks Ill try when I get home. But, how come I didn't have this problem with the hr10?

#8 OFFLINE   bwaldron

bwaldron

Impossible Dreamer

• Registered
  • 5,524 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 05:22 PM

Thanks Ill try when I get home. But, how come I didn't have this problem with the hr10?

It is a bit odd, if you are using the same connections with the HR20 as you did with the HR10. If you aren't (e.g., you switched from component to HDMI or vice-versa), then it would make more sense.

Still, I found that I get very slightly more overscan with the HR20 than the HR10. Not very much, mind you, but the difference is there.

#9 OFFLINE   mitch300

mitch300

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 49 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 05:35 PM

It is a bit odd, if you are using the same connections with the HR20 as you did with the HR10. If you aren't (e.g., you switched from component to HDMI or vice-versa), then it would make more sense.

Still, I found that I get very slightly more overscan with the HR20 than the HR10. Not very much, mind you, but the difference is there.

O.K. so than this is normal. I'm not a teckie in the least and all this info is starting to give me a headache LOL.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...