Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Ghost or Empty Programs Making a Comeback?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   DrMojoRisn

DrMojoRisn

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 07:12 PM

I had problems with ghost programs back in mid-December, but nothing since then... until now. Has something changed in the last few days that could cause my programs to "record" and appear on the list, but not be viewable and get removed from the list after a reboot?

Anything I can do to stop this?

Thanks.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 ONLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,371 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 07:26 PM

I had problems with ghost programs back in mid-December, but nothing since then... until now. Has something changed in the last few days that could cause my programs to "record" and appear on the list, but not be viewable and get removed from the list after a reboot?
Anything I can do to stop this?
Thanks.

:welcome_s to the forum.
Two things:
1)read the "unwatchable recordings on command" thread. This is what I call your "ghost".
2) If you can, you might want to check all of your cable connections using a 7/16 wrench so they are "snug". Installers hand tighten them & this isn't the same as "snug" [meaning not TIGHT but to where the connector comes in contact with the mating surface of the other connector]. :)
A.K.A VOS

spam firewall