Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Record, Pause, Flip Channel...REWIND?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   cdc101

cdc101

Godfather

• Registered
  • 487 posts

Posted 11 February 2007 - 10:42 AM

Okay, I realize this is the only way I can (so far...fingers crossed) simulate the DLB, however I had a question...

When I do this, the show that I pause (being the recorded one or not), doesn't STAY paused when the channel is flipped. It's not a terrible problem, but it sort of negates the step of actually pushing the pause button if I have to <RW back to where I left off...and hope I remember where I left off from. Also sort of ruins the surprise if I get to see what I am rewinding through.

I thought that I had seen on here that this should work, but it never has with mine.

Am I doing something wrong or is it my system or is it nothing at all.

Thanks is advance for the help!

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   mtnagel

mtnagel

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,015 posts

Posted 11 February 2007 - 12:02 PM

If you record both, you can start playing one and when you want to flip to the other, hit pause, list, and play on the other show. Repeat when you want to flip again. Yes, you have to record both, but it works if you only want to flip between two channels.
- Matt

#3 OFFLINE   cdc101

cdc101

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 487 posts

Posted 11 February 2007 - 01:48 PM

If you record both, you can start playing one and when you want to flip to the other, hit pause, list, and play on the other show. Repeat when you want to flip again. Yes, you have to record both, but it works if you only want to flip between two channels.

Maybe that was my issue...I was only recording one of the two I was flipping between.

Trying it now.

Thanks for the reply!:D

*edit* Still not working...as soon as I leave the either recorded station to flip to the other one recording, it comes off of pause.

#4 OFFLINE   mtnagel

mtnagel

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,015 posts

Posted 11 February 2007 - 07:35 PM

Maybe that was my issue...I was only recording one of the two I was flipping between.

Trying it now.

Thanks for the reply!:D

*edit* Still not working...as soon as I leave the either recorded station to flip to the other one recording, it comes off of pause.

Are you trying the previous button? I never could get that to work. Try this.

- record both shows
- start watching one by hitting LIST, highlight the one you want to watch first and hit PLAY
- when you want to switch, hit PAUSE, then LIST, highlight the other recording, and hit PLAY
- when you want to switch back, hit PAUSE, then LIST, highlight the other recording and hit PLAY

There was an issue previously where if you caught up to live in a recording, hit PAUSE and then immediately switched to another recording, when you came back to the first, it would start at the beginning. The fix was the hit pause, then jumpback a few times and then you could switch. But, I just tested it today, and it didn't happen, but I figured I'd let you know in case that happens. And let me know if that happens or if it doesn't work.
- Matt

#5 OFFLINE   cdc101

cdc101

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 487 posts

Posted 11 February 2007 - 09:13 PM

That got it, Matt. I was just using the 'Previous Channel' instead of going to list and nav'ing from there. Working like a charm.

Thank you!

#6 OFFLINE   mtnagel

mtnagel

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,015 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 07:48 AM

That got it, Matt. I was just using the 'Previous Channel' instead of going to list and nav'ing from there. Working like a charm.

Thank you!

Glad it worked. Like I said, let me know if you ever have an issue of it starting in the beginning instead of remembering your position you left it in.
- Matt

Protected By... spam firewall...And...