Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Another newbie question

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   JHL

JHL

Mentor

• Registered
  • 34 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 10:57 AM

How do I reset the playback of a recording to the beginning of the program?
I have watched parts of a movie and want to start watching again at the beginning. I can do this with rewind, but that takes a long time from the middle of a file. Is there a shortcut to reset the program?

thanks,

John

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Tom Robertson

Tom Robertson

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,263 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 10:59 AM

How do I reset the playback of a recording to the beginning of the program?
I have watched parts of a movie and want to start watching again at the beginning. I can do this with rewind, but that takes a long time from the middle of a file. Is there a shortcut to reset the program?

thanks,

John

Hold the jumpback button for more than 3 seconds. that should jump to the beginning of the program (even in live mode.)

Cheers,
Tom

Go Packers!

My real treasures: 5 Grandchildren - S, D, M, M, C ; Now 5! Great-Grandtibbers - B, H, J, A, and M (Born 7/31/2011)

#3 OFFLINE   JHL

JHL

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 34 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 05:26 PM

Thanks. That should have been obvious. Of course I stopped using the standard remote almost immediately and have been relying on my Harmony 880.

#4 OFFLINE   Spanky_Partain

Spanky_Partain

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,499 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 05:42 PM

Thanks. That should have been obvious. Of course I stopped using the standard remote almost immediately and have been relying on my Harmony 880.

It will work with the Harmony 880 as well. Hold the jump back button for 3 seconds, then release and press the button again. Same with going forward.

-Mark-
"There's no place like 127.0.0.1 or ::127.0.0.1 or 0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1 or ::1!"
Support the DBSTalk forum, become a member, Click Here!
For Networking Help, Click Here!
For my setup, Click Here!
3/98

#5 OFFLINE   jediphish

jediphish

Godfather

• Registered
  • 450 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 05:50 PM

It will work with the Harmony 880 as well. Hold the jump back button for 3 seconds, then release and press the button again. Same with going forward.

I use an 890 (the RF version of the 880) and discovered that for any of the "hold for 3 second" cruise control functions I had to actually hold for 3 seconds, release, and presss again, just as you've described. Any idea why this is the case?

I love my Harmony as it does everything I want it to, but I wish the buttons were like those on the HR20 remote or the Tivo remote - rubberized and soft to press, instead of the hard, closely-spaced, click-style buttons on the Harmony.

#6 OFFLINE   Spanky_Partain

Spanky_Partain

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,499 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 05:59 PM

I use an 890 (the RF version of the 880) and discovered that for any of the "hold for 3 second" cruise control functions I had to actually hold for 3 seconds, release, and presss again, just as you've described. Any idea why this is the case?

I love my Harmony as it does everything I want it to, but I wish the buttons were like those on the HR20 remote or the Tivo remote - rubberized and soft to press, instead of the hard, closely-spaced, click-style buttons on the Harmony.

Don't really have the slightest. Got a guess though. I think the button sends the command twice on the original D* remote by holding it down and on the Harmony you are passing it twice in the acceptable time by pressing/hold, release, and pressing again to accomplish what the D* remote does.:D

-Mark-
"There's no place like 127.0.0.1 or ::127.0.0.1 or 0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1 or ::1!"
Support the DBSTalk forum, become a member, Click Here!
For Networking Help, Click Here!
For my setup, Click Here!
3/98

Protected By... spam firewall...And...