Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Guide/Time Problem

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   dukefan

dukefan

Legend

• Registered
  • 183 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 11:51 AM

Last night, we had Desperate Housewives recorded on both the HR10 and the HR20 - neither is set to pad the recording in any way. On the HR20, the recording seemed to start just before the end of the "previously, on DH" section, and it only recorded 1Hr1Min. On the HR10, the recording started perfectly - just before the "previously" and recorded 1Hr2Min ... and ended just after the "Next week on...".

So, this is a two part question:
1) It appears as though the HR20's clock is about 20-30 seconds behind the Network clocks - I've noticed several shows starting 15-20-30 seconds "later" than when they should on the HR20. Is there anyway to properly sync the clock with what the networks are broadcasting on? I'll use my standard refrain: Never had a problem with syncronization on the HR10 :).

2) I presume that the 61 min on the HR20 vs. the 62 min on the HR10 is a guide problem?

Thanks for help or corroborating experiences...

HR20-100 to a Sony KV32 Flat Panel; MRV
HR22-100 Distributed over Coax; MRV
HR24-500 to a Sony KDL-XBR2 via HDMI and Denon Receiver via Optical; MRV
HR20-700 MRV only
Slimline Dish
All MRV hardwired ethernet

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,867 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 12:27 PM

I don't know the answer to your question but I do know that ABC changes the times all around to sell ad time in shows thatget more revenue. They'll steal a minute from Brothers and Sisters and add it to Desperate Housewives so they can sell it at a higher rate. It's kind of BS (bull-silliness) but we're powerless to change it. I set DH to pad before and after the program and it generally works.
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

#3 OFFLINE   Tom Robertson

Tom Robertson

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,252 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 12:29 PM

I have noted that the HR20 clocks vary widely throughout the day from standard time. I've seen the clock swing from about a minute off to just a few seconds off.

Cheers,
Tom

Go Packers!

My real treasures: 5 Grandchildren - S, D, M, M, C ; Now 5! Great-Grandtibbers - B, H, J, A, and M (Born 7/31/2011)

#4 OFFLINE   BubblePuppy

BubblePuppy

Good night dear Smoke... love you & "got your butt...&a

• Registered
  • 5,259 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 12:32 PM

Dukefan,
Consider yourself lucky. Last night my HR20 recorded DH with 1HR1Min of black screen.

#5 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,755 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 12:35 PM

Recordings seem to play about a minute into the recording & RR will show scenes that would not have shown with "play". My recordings always seem to end early, as if my "clock" is set fast. FWIW
A.K.A VOS

#6 OFFLINE   sbcale

sbcale

AllStar

• Registered
  • 85 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 01:42 PM

Recordings seem to play about a minute into the recording & RR will show scenes that would not have shown with "play". My recordings always seem to end early, as if my "clock" is set fast. FWIW

Same here, the recording always ends just before next weeks scenes.
JVC 70" HD-ILA HDTV (HD-70FN97)
HR20 (4), R10, R15, SAT-T60

My Basement Home Theater Video

AVSForum Home Theater Thread

#7 OFFLINE   MartyS

MartyS

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,104 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 02:17 PM

Same here, the recording always ends just before next weeks scenes.

I have the same problem... my wife loves the upcoming previews and oftentimes we don't get them or they get cut off.
Marty

My Setup

Life is in HD and 3D -- be sure to enjoy it!!

Never argue with an idiot.
He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

#8 OFFLINE   dukefan

dukefan

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 183 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 03:26 PM

Again - note that the HR10 recorded 62 minutes while the HR10 recorded 61. That says that the Tivo guide stream got an update that the DTV didn't.

Further, if the HR20 is not synced properly with the networks, then we are forced to pad everything, which then in turn, screws up season passes where shows are back to back.

I've had Tivo for 7 years now; never had such an issue on those boxes (with the clocks).

HR20-100 to a Sony KV32 Flat Panel; MRV
HR22-100 Distributed over Coax; MRV
HR24-500 to a Sony KDL-XBR2 via HDMI and Denon Receiver via Optical; MRV
HR20-700 MRV only
Slimline Dish
All MRV hardwired ethernet

Protected By... spam firewall...And...