Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Earl- release notes

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   oldguy1

oldguy1

Godfather

• Registered
  • 491 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 05:22 PM

You said before you would only post release notes for national releases. However, I find none for any releases. Am I looking in the wrong place?

For tonights 131 release, you say there probably will be minor additions to the 130 release. What all was in the 130 release? I found out about the single click guide change quite by accident.
Living room - HR 34-700, Insignia NS-L322Q-10A LCD TV
Bedroom - HR 20-700 on second floor.
Basement - HR 20-700

DECA connecting all HR20-700 boxes together and 1 3800HGV-B Gateway wireless router connecting them to internet via AT&T VDSL.

Windows 7 acting as server thru DECA.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Jeremy W

Jeremy W

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,447 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 05:35 PM

Wrong forum.

Cutting Edge is the place: http://www.dbstalk.c...splay.php?f=118

#3 OFFLINE   Tiger Tony

Tiger Tony

Godfather

• Registered
  • 290 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 05:40 PM

Wrong forum.

Cutting Edge is the place: http://www.dbstalk.c...splay.php?f=118

Damn! Don't be so blunt. Have a little more compassion, can't you see he is an OLD GUY.
Geaux !!!..... LSU - Saints - Hornets

1 - HR20-700 / 1 Genie HR34 / 2 -clients
Native setting Off / 720p and 1080i
Network connected / U.S.Robotics MAXg wireless router and bridge
Slimline dish / swms
OTA antenna CM4228 in attic

Samsung HLS5687 TV 1080
Toshibia A3 HD-DVD
Sony DG800 receiver
Boston Acoustics speakers / 5-1

#4 OFFLINE   Jeremy W

Jeremy W

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,447 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 05:43 PM

Damn! Don't be so blunt. Have a little more compassion, can't you see he is an OLD GUY.

It's not like I went off on him for posting in the wrong place. I like to get my point across as quickly as possible. It's a thread about trying to find release notes, and he even acknowledged that he might be looking in the wrong place. I told him that he was, and pointed him in the right direction. What more do you want from me?

#5 OFFLINE   Tiger Tony

Tiger Tony

Godfather

• Registered
  • 290 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 05:44 PM

It's not like I went off on him for posting in the wrong place. I like to get my point across as quickly as possible. It's a thread about trying to find release notes, and he even acknowledged that he might be looking in the wrong place. I told him that he was, and pointed him in the right direction. What more do you want from me?

A sense of humor. :grin:
Geaux !!!..... LSU - Saints - Hornets

1 - HR20-700 / 1 Genie HR34 / 2 -clients
Native setting Off / 720p and 1080i
Network connected / U.S.Robotics MAXg wireless router and bridge
Slimline dish / swms
OTA antenna CM4228 in attic

Samsung HLS5687 TV 1080
Toshibia A3 HD-DVD
Sony DG800 receiver
Boston Acoustics speakers / 5-1

#6 OFFLINE   say-what

say-what

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 5,646 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted 20 February 2007 - 05:54 PM

You said before you would only post release notes for national releases. However, I find none for any releases. Am I looking in the wrong place?

For tonights 131 release, you say there probably will be minor additions to the 130 release. What all was in the 130 release? I found out about the single click guide change quite by accident.

130 and 131 are not national releases and you download them at your own risk and must agree to the terms of the CE forum: http://www.dbstalk.c...ead.php?t=79021

All national release notes are here: http://www.dbstalk.c...splay.php?f=110

#7 OFFLINE   oldguy1

oldguy1

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 491 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 08:04 AM

130 and 131 are not national releases and you download them at your own risk and must agree to the terms of the CE forum: http://www.dbstalk.c...ead.php?t=79021

All national release notes are here: http://www.dbstalk.c...splay.php?f=110

Re-read my post CAREFULLY.

I know 130 and 131 were not national releases.

Earl said there would probably be new stuff in 131 vs 130. What was in 130?

Is your name Earl?
Basement - HR 20-700

DECA connecting all HR20-700 boxes together and 1 3800HGV-B Gateway wireless router connecting them to internet via AT&T VDSL.

#8 OFFLINE   oldguy1

oldguy1

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 491 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 08:07 AM

Did anyone read the SECOND sentenance of the message, or did you just eagerly jump on the first sentenance?
Basement - HR 20-700

#9 OFFLINE   wakajawaka

wakajawaka

Godfather

• Registered
  • 420 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 08:15 AM

Let's see, Jeremy W gave you a link to the Cutting Edge forum, where you can find out all you need to know bout 0x132, which is the most recent CE release. say-what gave you a link to all the release notes for all the national releases. I think that answers your questions quite succinctly, or am I missing something?

#10 OFFLINE   jaywdetroit

jaywdetroit

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,308 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 08:39 AM

old guy:

There is a Release Notes forum here:
http://www.dbstalk.c...sprune=60&f=110

This forum contains the release notes for the national releases.

The 130 Release was a CE release - (non national).

If you would like information about non-national releases, follow the link Jeremy gave you.
JayW
- - - - - -
Please vote for this application

Samsung LCD
Stand Alone TiVo Premeire
and a TON of HD

#11 OFFLINE   Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 30,092 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 09:08 AM

As it has been pointed out by the others:

0x130; 0x132 are the CE releases, and are discussed down there.
The "notes" for them are in the first post of the corresponding discussion thread.

When a release does go national, The release notes go into the official release note forum: http://www.dbstalk.c...sprune=60&f=110

Any other questions or concerns, PM me.
Also, if you want an answer directly from me... and not from the other members of the forum. Send me a PM.

If you post it to the public forums, even if you "ask me" by name, everyone is allowed (and expected to) answer if they have the answer to your question.
Earl - Gotta Love Karma

DIRECTV employee since April 2008.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

spam firewall