Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

RC24 and universal remote feature

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   munangst

munangst

Legend

• Registered
  • 126 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 08:43 PM

I've noticed that with the RC24, when I move the slider to one of the non-D* positions, the first button press is "eaten" by the remote. It appears to instead send a code to the HR20 that makes it display a message on the screen stating "The remote is now in [AV1|AV2|TV] mode". The second press with the slider in that position goes through to the correct device. For example, I have AV1 set to control my A/V receiver. When I move the slider to AV1 and press PWR once, I get a message saying "The remote is now in AV1 mode". The second time I press PWR it sends the power on/off signal to the receiver. After I move the slider back to D*, I have to press something on the remote (SELECT, etc.) to clear the message from the screen.

Is this the way the remote is supposed to work? Is there some sort of programming code I can set so that it doesn't do this? I understand that it's probably intended to reduce user confusion ("why isn't my remote working? oh, the slider is on AV1"), but it would be nice if it didn't eat the first button-press in each new mode. If they want to send the "remote is now in mode X" signal, that should be done along with whatever the "native" IR code is on the first button-press in that mode. It should also be cleared automatically when you switch back to D*.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Drillbit

Drillbit

Mentor

• Registered
  • 40 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 09:26 PM

I noticed the same thing last week when setting up my new SONY receiver. So far I've just been living with it as it is. Two button pushes to turn the receiver on or off is hard to get used to.

Chris ● CE 0x58c

HR24/500 ●
Westinghouse 32" LTV-32w1 HD TV

spam firewall